Staff Software Engineer, Application Service Frameworks
Box, Redwood City, CA
A Cloud Content Platform for the Digital Age
Box is growing rapidly, and so are the demands on our application development frameworks. Our frameworks team is working on meeting those demands by building a scalable, reliable, high-performance Node.js framework for powering the server-side presentation layer for all Box applications.
As a member of this team, you'll be working on a small, tight-knit team designing and building our application service frameworks - from server-side rendering of React code, to test frameworks, to containerized deployment pipelines. You will own all aspects of the developer experience, and your job will be to make it awesome. In turn, you'll be helping Box deliver core features to the market even faster.
Why the team needs you
The team is staffed with some of our top engineers, working on having a huge impact on Box by building frameworks to accelerate the development of our applications. We are looking to add another strong member who can design and build key framework features for one of the most critical projects in Box Engineering.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are committed to hitting bold technological and revenue goals. That's where you come in.
Why you need Box
This is your opportunity to dive head first into a large variety of front-end technologies to design and build critical parts of our application service frameworks, while working with an experienced and creative team of engineers who are solving some of our hardest framework problems. You will also have the opportunity to work with engineers from other framework teams to share ideas and drive common solutions when they are needed.
Who you are
- You have 8 years of professional work experience with application development and knowledge of what it takes to build and deploy your own application.
- You understand and empathize with the challenges of an application developer and are motivated by building frameworks to make them productive and happy.
- Full-Stack Engineer with a strong sense of ownership. You are capable of taking on challenging projects with unknown solutions across a variety of front-end technologies from React to Node.js to Docker and Kubernetes.
- You have had success with distributed micro-service based applications and are committed to understanding their best practices.
- You enjoy having fair architectural debates with teammates as well as getting feedback from your application engineer customers on how to improve the frameworks.
Box is an enterprise content management platform that solves simple and complex challenges, from sharing and accessing files on mobile devices to sophisticated business processes like data governance and retention.
Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 41 million users and 74,000 businesses—including 59% of the Fortune 500—trust Box to manage content in the cloud.
Want to learn more about Box? Visit Box's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Designer UX - Pivotal Labs
Pivotal Software, Denver, CO
Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
RabbitMQ Messaging Specialist
Pivotal Software, London, United Kingdom
Senior Solutions Engineer
Senior Integration Developer, IT
Slack, San Francisco
Platform Operations Engineer