At Box, we believe in building products that delight users. The Box web application is the most visible and most heavily trafficked product in the Box ecosystem. We make it easy for 40 million people to share content, build workflows, edit collaboratively, and much, much more on a platform this is secure enough for hospitals, fortune 500 companies, scientific research labs, and massive federal agencies. Because Web App is the first part of Box that most users see and the place they return to do work day after day, our team has a rare outsized opportunity to directly impact Box's success as a company.
Boxers strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness. We love to execute quickly, but we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. And we value team members who are life-long learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them.
Help us reimagine the future of content!
Why Box needs you
Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the ideally positioned company to help enterprises transform how people work and collaborate. A large part of that transformation will come directly through our web experience. That's where you come in.
Why you need Box
You want to challenge yourself with interesting problems around user experience, scale, accessibility, performance, and security – and you want to do it on a modern tech stack with mature engineering processes surrounded by fun, smart, supportive teammates who care about building a wonderful product.
Why the Web App team needs you
As a Senior Front-End Engineer on Web App, you'll join a highly collaborative scrum team building a wide variety of web experiences on top of our platform. You'll work with small, self-organized teams to plan, architect, build, and deploy complex user-facing features that will enable Box users share, collaborate, manipulate, and manage their content in ways they have never imagined.
Within 1 month, you'll...
- Make your first change to production (week one).
- Ramp up on the product and learn about the business needs of the team.
- Pair program with teammates to build familiarity with our front-end codebase and stack (NodeJS, React, HTML, CSS, and PHP).
- Work with your manager to set actionable career goals.
Within 3 months, you'll...
- Build and deploy your first major production feature.
- Make suggestions to improve our agile development process.
- Have a deep understanding of the business goals behind the team's efforts.
- Help the team find and hire more talented engineers who are lovely to work with.
Within 6 months, you'll...
- Own major feature areas of the application.
- Be a trusted and influential voice beyond the team, communicating effectively with peer engineering groups as well as teammates in product, QA, design and beyond.
- Be responsible for the planning, scoping, estimation, technical design, and implementation of new features.
- Teach and mentor new engineers.
Within 12 months, you'll...
- Make significant contributions to engineering across Box by advancing our front-end standards, inventing new patterns or approaches, or introducing tools and technology to make our front-end teams more effective.
- Make significant strides toward the next step in your career.
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest dreams. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and administer their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Box is an enterprise content management platform that solves simple and complex challenges, from sharing and accessing files on mobile devices to sophisticated business processes like data governance and retention.
Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 41 million users and 74,000 businesses—including 59% of the Fortune 500—trust Box to manage content in the cloud.
Want to learn more about Box? Visit Box's website.
Jobs You May Like
Rubrik, Palo Alto, CA//Kansas City, KS/North Carolina/Cork, Ireland/Bangalore, India
Software Engineer - Android
Nextdoor, San Francisco, CA
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Third- Party Contract)
Senior Software Engineer, .NET
Exiger, New York, NY
Software Engineer - Cyber Security
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Senior Network Engineer
Grand Rounds, San Francisco, CA