Director, Market and Competitive Intelligence
Box, Redwood City, CA
A Cloud Content Platform for the Digital Age
At Box, we’re changing the way businesses of all sizes collaborate, manage, and govern content. As a Senior Product Marketing Manager on the Market and Competitive Intelligence Team within Product Marketing you’ll be responsible for market and competitive analysis, tools, campaigns, and strategic deal support for sales and customer success as Box pivots more into the ECM world.
You have a hunger for not just beating the competition, but for deeply understanding how Box is differentiated from each player in the on-premises, hybrid, and cloud ECM spaces and how to use that knowledge to help Box win. You will know the enterprise file sync and share and content management markets like the back of your hand. Yet, you will also bring a fresh, new perspective for how customer, market and partner requirements are evolving today.
You’ll partner closely with sales, product marketing, business development, customer success, product management, and our executive team. You will work directly with customers like P&G, Astra Zeneca, and Walmart - to help make Box the industry standard for Cloud Content Management and remain a market leader. This is an individual contributor role with potential room for management expansion.
- Understand Box’s current and emerging content competitive threats and how to address them, from sales, marketing, and product perspective. Also, lead strategic and competitive sessions with Box employees, customers, and partners – as well as Box and customer executives
- Provide rapid response and insightful strategic competitive analysis based on market dynamics and changes in Box’s strategy
- Monitor competitive win/loss data to identify trends and prioritize activities/core Box messaging. You will be able to deliver your insights to Box’s CEO & executive staff
- Lead cross-functional teams where you will be expected to lead and incent others from other business groups (e.g. Sales, Marketing, Product, and Customer Success) to work with you for mutual gains
- Work with Sales Productivity to develop and deliver compelling competitive training sessions and sales tools
- Craft new and impactful competitive strategies to help maintain and improve Box’s market leadership position in ECM
- Provide product input to product management and engineering teams to ensure Box remains differentiated and ahead of the competition
- Communicate and evangelize Box advantages over competing solutions in live training events, external speaking opportunities, analyst briefings, and other channels
- Deliver quarterly competitive updates to Box executive team, including opportunity win/loss analysis, recommendations on how to address competitive threats and challenges, product and roadmap gaps and opportunities, and pricing and messaging guidance
- Work closely across Marketing and Product Marketing to ensure Box messaging– web, campaigns, corporate pitch, analyst positioning – is competitively differentiated
- Attend and report on relevant content or announcements from industry events
- Infrequent travel required
5 - 7+ years of experience of product management, product marketing, competitive intelligence, sales enablement, or sales engineering/consulting (or other technical) experience
- Proven experience working with or directly for the sales organization and/or selling to businesses at a major cloud or software vendor is preferred
- Strong business and technical writing skills and strong analytical skills with tools such as Salesforce, Tableau, etc.
- Ability to self-start, be strategic enough to make recommendations to your management/executives without handholding and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Past experience presenting to technical and business audiences at the executive level – and across the organization will be key
- Bachelor required, Masters preferred
Box is an enterprise content management platform that solves simple and complex challenges, from sharing and accessing files on mobile devices to sophisticated business processes like data governance and retention.
Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 41 million users and 74,000 businesses—including 59% of the Fortune 500—trust Box to manage content in the cloud.
Want to learn more about Box? Visit Box's website.
Jobs You May Like
Field Marketing Specialist - East
Marketing Lead, ClassPass Live
Class Pass, New York
Content & CRM Manager
Deliveroo, Hong Kong
Marketing Events and Experience Manager
Lever, San Francisco
Sportsbook Operations Specialist
DraftKings, Hoboken, NJ - New York, NY
Marketing Assistant - Washington, D.C.
Yelp, Washington, D.C.