- Lead the annual SOX 404 financial statement mapping, risk assessment and scoping process identifying significant locations, business units, transaction cycles and critical processes and accounts ensuring an adequate scope and testing of the Company’s financial statements based on criteria defined each calendar period and setting materiality thresholds for the audit
- Coordinate management’s SOX404 process controls documentation and review controls to ensure adequate design and identification of “key” controls for assigned critical processes/accounts
- Critically evaluate current set of in-scope controls and recommend ways to rationalize and optimize controls through automation
- Coordinate the completion of the annual SOX404 Compliance Plan and audit work performed by internal team and co-sourced service providers
- Coordinate with business owners to ensure controls are being properly designed and thought through when business or organization changes occur
- Manage consultants and service providers. Act as the lead in the scoping, budgeting, tracking of budget versus actuals, status reporting with the service providers
- Consult on new business initiatives, system implementations, accounting policy changes and assess the impact of said changes on internal controls
- Act as the “go-to” person for internal controls within the organization and provide a reliable and insightful resource for implementing controls within a business process in an efficient and effective manner
- Liaise with the external auditors and proactively coordinate the SOX audit to ensure, amongst other things, reliance by External Auditors on Management’s testing, coordination of the PBC request process to minimize impact to the business, alignment of testing results
- Assist in ad hoc projects as required
- BS/BA degree in Accounting/Finance (CPA certification required/MBA and/or CIA/CISA certification preferable)
- 7+ years of experience including public accounting and/or internal audit with financial audit experience/ SOX404 audit experience; must possess strong auditing skills with experience in auditing public companies and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404 and the Public Company Oversight Board (PCAOB) Standards
- Strong Knowledge of the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404, PCAOB Standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Standards of the United States, Security and Exchange reporting requirements, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards, and other applicable professional guidance
- Knowledge of Software as a Service revenue recognition and other common software accounting topics is preferable
- Knowledge of external auditor requirements and reporting
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Experience with managing a team
- Effective cross-functional management skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Visio Flowcharting, PowerPoint etc.
Box is an enterprise content management platform that solves simple and complex challenges, from sharing and accessing files on mobile devices to sophisticated business processes like data governance and retention.
Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 41 million users and 74,000 businesses—including 59% of the Fortune 500—trust Box to manage content in the cloud.
Want to learn more about Box? Visit Box's website.
Wholesale’s leading digital marketplace and data exchange