Senior Manager, Capacity and Performance Engineering
Box, Los Angeles,CA or Remote
A Cloud Content Platform for the Digital Age
- This is a opportunity to take a top-notch, high performing team with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds to the next level, while working with all major Public Cloud and key Private Cloud technologies across a high growth, high scale distributed system architecture. We are early in our journey with a Hybrid Multi-Cloud infrastructure, and you will have a fantastic opportunity to provide vision and leadership in a space with complex and ever-evolving business requirements.
- As a Senior Manager, you will own Infrastructure Capacity across hundreds of microservices and multiple Public and Private Cloud platforms. You will coach, mentor, and lead an elite team of Capacity & Performance Engineers and Public Cloud Engineers from top companies, while driving strategic alignment up, down, and across the organization.
- Continue building and developing a world-class engineering team through coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Build capacity and performance big-data analytics, reporting, processes, and automation to ensure efficient infrastructure scaling on our Public and Private Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack, Kubernetes, multiple Data Centers, etc) across hundreds of microservices
- Manage one of the largest areas of spend at the company by balancing high utilization and cost efficiency of our infrastructure with risk and developer velocity
- Strategic planning for Organic Growth and infrastructure impact of new project and architecture changes
- Build and maintain clear vision, roadmaps, and execution frameworks for continuous capability improvement
- Partner with Development, Product, Architecture, and Business teams to evaluate and manage impacts of new products and features, architecture and hosting strategy changes, and infrastructure partnerships to ensure efficient scaling and cost efficiency.
- You a have 5+ years experience in people management with a track record of building and scaling high performing teams. You are passionate about coaching and developing your team.
- You highly value building a collaborative, positive culture within the team, and with your business partners
- You have experience with Capacity Engineering at scale, with demonstrated success driving continuous improvement
- You have strong experience with large scale production infrastructure and distributed systems
- You are fluent in complex quantitative analysis, and are comfortable managing tradeoffs between technical benefits, risk, and cost efficiency
- You are a very strong communicator, comfortable articulating complex technical topics and ideas to a variety of technical and nontechnical audiences, up to the executive level
- You have demonstrated success navigating ambiguity to provide clarity and business results
- You are experienced with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with budget and financial management is a plus
- Lead and collaborate with engineering and operation teams on characterization and improvement of service performance
- Open to remote!!
Box is an enterprise content management platform that solves simple and complex challenges, from sharing and accessing files on mobile devices to sophisticated business processes like data governance and retention.
Since 2005, Box has made it easier for people to securely share ideas, collaborate and get work done faster. Today, more than 41 million users and 74,000 businesses—including 59% of the Fortune 500—trust Box to manage content in the cloud.
Want to learn more about Box? Visit Box's website.
DICE is on a mission to get people out more. We bring incredible live shows and