About the company
Boxed is the easiest way to shop for bulk supplies. As a mobile-first company, customers can purchase directly from Boxed’s app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have high quality products delivered conveniently to their home or office. Currently, we serve numerous businesses nationwide - including technology companies, corporate law firms, media firms, medical offices, schools and more.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at core, we are a vibrant, fun and close group of engineers, designers, marketers, and operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers.
Boxed is looking for a Category Manager to join our team. We are looking for a leader to manage a group or category of products for our B2B business. You will be responsible for performance of categories and overall promotion of a product category to maximize appeal, identify product gaps and selection.
A leader that understands that we're not looking to replicate the past; but rather, design the future. In this role, you will use your skills to exponentially expand our base of business customers.
- Work with head of division to build B2B category strategy
- Assume responsibility of budget development and revenue for category
- Be responsible for performance of categories and overall promotions
- Make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory
- Own the relationships with broader merchandising organization and demand planning
- Owns B2B site merchandising and product positioning
- Analyze data or insights to determine industry and customer trends
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories
- Foster trust relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services
- Communicate order volume to ensure product availability
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive promotional activities of a product category
- Collaborate with buyers and merchandisers to expand product categories
- A leader with previous online merchandising and management experience
- Someone with understanding of all business functions (e.g., supply chain)
- A experienced developing merchandising role and intent model from scratch
- Experienced in B2B product sales
- An all-star leader with demonstrated success in exceeding revenue targets
- A fierce competitor driven by financial reward and career opportunity
- Someone who is deadline driven, achieves results with little supervision
- Someone with a strong business acumen and professional attitude but is also outgoing, friendly, and energetic
- A go getter who never hesitates to roll up their sleeves and tackle something hands-on
- Someone who feels at home in a fast pace environment
- Someone with strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organizational skills, creative thinking and analytical ability
- Have a willingness to travel to meet with new and current customers
- Someone who enjoys free lunches on Fridays and unlimited vacation time
- MBA or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years of successful category management and online experience, preferably in the eCommerce, retail technology.
- Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
- 5+ years experience with SMBs, Corporate Customers
- E-commerce experience
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in Google, MS Office Suite and other productivity/collaboration tools
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits
Boxed was founded in 2013 by an experienced group of tech pioneers with a simple idea: make shopping for bulk easy, convenient and fun, so you can focus on the things you really love.
Want to learn more about Boxed? Visit https://www.boxed.com
Jobs You May Like
Manager, Audience Development, Sports Illustrated
Time Inc., New York, NY
Corporate Sales Manager
Enterprise Account Executive (North Central)
OneLogin, Chicago, IL
Join our Talent Network
Intersection, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Seattle, Secaucus
Operations Intern (m/f)