Leader, Supply Chain & Operations
Boxed, New York City
Boxed focuses on its customers, its technology, and its team.
About the Company
Boxed is a rapidly growing, e-commerce retailer built; on the foundation of a world-class proprietary technology platform. With 7+ years of evolution, iteration, and successful disruption of the U.S. wholesale club industry, Boxed has developed a comprehensive “tap-to-ship” E-commerce tech stack few other companies can boast. With Boxed, customers can have their household, pantry, and personal care essentials delivered to their home or office with no membership fee. Our goal is to leverage our technology and data to deliver a superior shopping experience to our customers via our web and mobile app platforms, bringing "family-sized value" right to their doorstep.
Our teams are a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. At our core, we are a customer-centric, marketing company: and data is at the center of everything we do. We are a vibrant, fun and close group of engineers, marketers, data scientists, analysts, and operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers.
The ideal candidate is driven by curiosity, passionate about creative problem solving, and thrives in an environment where learning and resourcefulness are key. You'll need an entrepreneurial mindset, and you need to nimble and scrappy ("Hey, we're still a start-up!!).
Your strong SC and Operational fundamentals will give you the hard skills necessary to build scalable solutions, and your ability to understand our business and collaborate effectively within and across teams will help to maximize the value you can bring.
The role will report to the Head of B2C/B2B Retail.
Boxed is seeking a Leader, Supply Chain & Operations
As a key leader in the organization, this team member will work closely with all organizational leads to provide value through improving recurring processes that drive business stability as well as scale our robotics program across multiple FCs (and sell them externally), build a world class supply chain team to expand to other parts of the country, setup an operating system to handle consignment inventory for marketplace sellers, and work with the tech team to build a multi-carrier logistics system.
Successful candidates are results-oriented and thrives and succeeds in establishing new processes and systems. You need to be entrepreneurial, nimble and scrappy but also have the competencies required to successfully operate collaboratively as part of a larger team.
- Oversee the performance management of, as well as the establishment of, key performance indicators and service level agreements for, all Operations touchpoints, including safety
- Responsible for long-term planning forums, executive alignment, and SCI&OP team ownership and reporting & ad-hoc daily information flow amongst supply planning partners.
- Ongoing assessment, analysis and optimization distribution center capacity and output
- Will lead the Supply Chain & Ops organization to achieve Boxed’s accelerated growth plan.
- Define/lead end-to-end strategy: working with your teams, creating value-add processes.
- Develop a team of SMEs to enable the SC&OP processes through cycles of hyper-growth.
- Owns SC&OP data/metrics to ensure inputs are meaningful for strategic-decision making.
- Owns internal partner alignment and is expected to drive SC&OP process adherence.
- Actively interacts with strategic partners - demand management, manufacturing, quality, warehousing & transportation to solve material issues & consumption patterns.
- Measures, analyzes, and reports key process metrics, while monitoring adherence to key performance indicators (KPI) that are assigned to the assigned product categories.
- Oversee a team of discipline leaders, 3 FCs and ~150 hourly employees
- Scale item purchasing, order processing, and fulfillment from thousands of items to millions.
- Expand FC capacity to handle fulfillment from marketplace sellers as well as the Boxed Platform
- Work with internal Robotics, team as well as own the responsibility for automation and upgrades
- Coordinate with internal and external partners on multi-carrier transportation options
- Enhancing SC&OPs process via product improvements and workflow automation.
- Bachelor’s preferred (Business Admin, Supply Chain Management or a comparable field)
- 10+ years’ experience in consulting or operations working with/for an e-commerce company
- Previous experience within a distribution center, logistics, or manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical skills, data analytics, and experience with statistics
- Strong partnership/communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively
- Experience with IATA, DOT, FDA, SOX and OSHA standards
- MBA or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics or comparable field
- Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis; ability to communicate those analysis
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools
Benefits and Perks
- Great work environment
- Working with driven, intellectually voracious and generally awesome people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits
Boxed was founded in 2013 by an experienced group of tech pioneers with a simple idea—make shopping for bulk easy, convenient, and fun. Today, Boxed is a late stage startup delivering a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. Boxed values tech and innovation is at the heart of all it's employees do and the customer at the core of they are. Boxed is passionate to create a delightful and personalized online shopping experience for each and every customer.
Want to learn more about Boxed? Visit Boxed's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.