Technical Program Manager
Boxed, New York, NY
Boxed focuses on its customers, its technology, and its team.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant and fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people and operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time and money, which in turn makes their lives easier. That’s where you come in!
As a Technical Program Manager at Boxed, you will be responsible for overseeing and driving the cross functional programs within the technology roadmap. You will act as a liaison between various teams, removing roadblocks, navigating setbacks, and facilitating discussions to ensure all deliverables are met on time.
Additionally, you will develop thoughtful processes with counterparts in Engineering and Product to support the scaling of the R&D organization. You’ll adapt quickly and function decisively in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment, while effectively communicating status of projects and deftly managing resources and timelines.
This position is full-time and based in New York, reporting to the Director of Program Management.
- Manage all project and program-related activities for execution and final delivery of all technology projects
- Develop and manage schedules, statuses, resources, deliverables, risks/issues, timelines, and delivery for multiple concurrent projects
- Manage resources comprised of geographically dispersed business teams, off-shore development teams, and third-party vendors
- Ensure deadlines are met and keeps leadership, senior team members, and key stakeholders informed on project progress, status, risks/issues, and concerns
- Collaborate closely with Product, Engineering, QA, and Product Design for key deliverables, issues, and escalations, and coordinate any required release approvals prior to launch
- Execute and manage complex projects in an Agile/Scrum environment, mitigating risks proactively and driving project issue resolution to assure schedule and quality commitments
- Share Agile/Scrum methodologies best practices, defining and evolving tactics necessary to accomplish project objectives.
- At least 3 years of direct technical project management, product management, or software engineering experience with proven successful and timely delivery of projects
- Extensive experience managing complex and simultaneous projects involving cross-functional teams and systems, including frontend, internal tools, and third-party applications
- Demonstrated experience working with geographically dispersed teams and third-party vendors
- Exceptional understanding of Project Management and delivery principles, methods and techniques, along with proficiency in both Agile and waterfall development methodologies
- Strong negotiation, diplomacy and conflict resolution skills with the ability to get results through formal channels and informal networking
- Remarkable problem solving skills with the ability to anticipate project barriers and adjust approach based on research and experience
- Proficiency with standard project management tools such as MS Project, JIRA, Basecamp, etc.
- Degree in computer science, marketing, communications, or equivalent experience
- CSM, PMP, Six Sigma or equivalent certification a plus.
- As needed, assist with the implementation, compliance, and maintenance of Sarbanes Oxley and internal control over financial reporting requirements.
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus and technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang “America’s Dream Boss” for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, and lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crain’s list of best places to work in NYC. We’d love to meet you, so apply today!
Boxed was founded in 2013 by an experienced group of tech pioneers with a simple idea—make shopping for bulk easy, convenient, and fun. Today, Boxed is a late stage startup delivering a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. Boxed values tech and innovation is at the heart of all it's employees do and the customer at the core of they are. Boxed is passionate to create a delightful and personalized online shopping experience for each and every customer.
Want to learn more about Boxed? Visit Boxed's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.