Private Label Packaging Designer
Boxed, NYC, NY
The products you love in bulk, delivered to your door.
About the company
Boxed is the easiest and modern way to shop for bulk goods. As a mobile-first company, customers can shop directly from Boxed’s app on their iOS or Android mobile device, or online at www.Boxed.com. With Boxed, customers can have their household, personal care, and pantry favorites delivered conveniently to their home or office.
Our office is a dynamic, collaborative family of individuals. A technology company at core, we are a vibrant, fun and close group of engineers, designers, marketers, and operations specialists with a passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers.
Boxed is seeking an experienced Private Label Packaging Designer to help execute our private label packaging strategy. The role will support our mission through the development of creative packaging solutions and artwork for a brand portfolio that is all about an inspiring customer experience and drives brand preference.The role works closely with the VP of Private Label, the creative director, the creative team and the photography studio.
- encompass various aspects of packaging projects from initial creative conception to final production.
- help brainstorm with the team in the creative phase and run the design process start to finish, liaise with vendor art departments and printers
- meet aggressive deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- lead creative concepts, graphic design, photography and retouching for our private label brands.
- meet production of deadlines on a timely manner.
- have a strong understanding of various materials, printing processes, and colors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in graphic design or equivalent combination of experience and instruction.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience with an emphasis on FMCG/CPG package design.
- Adobe Creative Cloud, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Ability to draw & stylize illustrations and fine art
- Understanding of layout, typography, color palettes and processes.
- Knowledge of printing processes and how it affects different materials.
- Website design and photography experience is a plus.
- Creative concepting skills, category/product research, brainstorming.
- Able to work with little supervision.
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
- Able to work with layout design and respond to changes quickly.
- Experience with materials, printing technologies, substrates a necessity.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits
Boxed was founded in 2013 by an experienced group of tech pioneers with a simple idea: make shopping for bulk easy, convenient and fun, so you can focus on the things you really love.