**Please only apply if you live in the Greater NYC Area**
All about these Boxed Boxes!
We’re a late stage start-up that places technology and innovation at the heart of all that we do. Our technology platform and automated, state-of-the-art fulfillment centers make headlines and our systems utilize machine learning, predictive analytics and other technologies to ensure a delightful B2C and B2B online shopping experience. While technology is at the core of what we do, providing a personalized, thoughtful and seamless shopping experience is at the core of who were are. We value each and every customer and every single order receives a hand-written thank you note.
Unpack your Potential at Boxed!
Boxed is made up of a vibrant and fun group of engineers, designers, marketers, sales people and operations specialists -- just to name a few! We work with passion for driving superior value and experience to our customers. Our customers choose to buy from Boxed because we save them time and money, which in turn makes their lives easier. That’s where you come in!
The Finance & Strategy (F&S) team’s mission is to maximize value through informed strategic decision making. We believe in using data to inform decisions, and we work hard to ensure that every dollar invested is optimized to generate the best outcome for the company. This position will play a crucial role in revealing and enabling revenue growth, margin expansion, cash preservation, and strategic opportunities. Our business partners trust us because we consistently deliver quality recommendations supported by accurate and detailed analysis.
We are looking for a high-performing FP&A Manager to join our Finance team. The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced & high-growth organization, and possess a natural ability to build relationships internally in order to improve processes, streamline operations and ensure accurate, timely and actionable reporting and analysis. This opportunity has strong upside and the ability to expand along with the company’s growth.
- Partner with F&S, Business Operations, Merchandising, Operations, and Data teams; here are example initiatives:
- Develop, automate, and maintain weekly/monthly/quarterly reports to support F&S, Merchandising, and Operations teams
- Work with F&S and Data teams to standardize data and metrics across the organization
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and implement changes to eliminate redundancies and increase efficiency
- Synthesize, distribute, and communicate operational and financial results to internal stakeholders across the company
- Coordinate and help drive the quarterly forecasting and annual planning processes
- Own the development and maintenance of the FP&A capabilities, systems and processes including RFP processes for new tools and upgrades to existing tools
- Leverage SQL to build dashboards and automate reporting for key stakeholders
- Support and action ad-hoc queries from management and business initiatives and make recommendations to the executive team
- Support corporate development efforts including investor diligence and correspondence, debt and equity capital fundraising, and potential strategic partnership opportunities
- 4-6 years of experience, preferably in a quantitative, analytically focused role in FP&A, analytics, operations, consulting and/or start-ups
- Experience in Ecomm, retail, consumer products and/or tech-enabled services a plus
- BS/BA degree in finance, economics, mathematics, engineering, or a related discipline strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to adapt to new information systems
- Experience applying advanced analytical frameworks to drive business results: operations improvement, SKU accretion/dilution analysis, regression modeling, predictive modeling
- Familiarity with SQL, business intelligence tools (e.g. Periscope, Domo, Looker, Tableau etc.) and statistical programming (Python, R, SAS, Stata) a plus
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to present information and interact effectively across all levels of the organization
- Sound business judgment; high level of organization with ability to manage multiple projects; track record of taking ownership in a fast-paced, unstructured environment
OUR package for you!
Alongside our customer focus and technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, “America’s Dream Boss” for our generous benefits. Every day is bring your dog to work day at Boxed! In addition, our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, endless snacks, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, company lunches, and lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crain’s list of best places to work in NYC. We’d love to meet you, so apply today!
Boxed was founded in 2013 by an experienced group of tech pioneers with a simple idea—make shopping for bulk easy, convenient, and fun. Today, Boxed is a late stage startup delivering a first class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country. Boxed values tech and innovation is at the heart of all it's employees do and the customer at the core of they are. Boxed is passionate to create a delightful and personalized online shopping experience for each and every customer.
Want to learn more about Boxed? Visit Boxed's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.