Product Team Manager (SEO Team)
See jobs at Brainly
As a Product Team Manager you will cooperate closely with various stakeholders across the company to create the best experience for Brainly users. Your role will not only focus on working on some of the most complex technical challenges in the ed-tech space and creating the product for over 150 million students around the world. You will be also involved in building the infrastructure and features that enable Brainly users to ask and answer millions of questions every day.
SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is one of the key factors of our success, and it is omnipresent in every part of our product. As a Product Team Manager you will translate SEO goals and objectives into actionable backlog, build and manage the team to achieve desired outcomes, and help people to grow to the best possible version of themselves. On top of that, you will get a unique chance to observe how one of the most successful Polish startups operates and take part in developing it.
Besides this specific position, we are always looking for people who share our mission, are passionate about their work and have an enthusiastic approach to constantly and rapidly changing startup environment.
What’s in it for you:
- The opportunity to build and lead a highly effective interdisciplinary product team
- Autonomy and responsibility for devising the best way to work with your team on achieving goals
- Being part of shipping products and features worldwide to 150+ million users monthly
- Have an impact on the product direction and contribute to the long-term product roadmap of SEO Product Team
- Opportunity to learn from experts in their fields and advance your career in the area of managing team delivering highly complex, highly visible, mission-critical commitments
- The opportunity to transform the world of online education for students around the globe
What you will do:
- Ensure high productivity by defining the best possible plan for you team on how to achieve your department’s goals and by aligning people’s drives with those goals
- Construct appropriate roadmap, backlog and strategy to achieve it with cooperation with the head of your department (VP of Growth), multiple other stakeholders and product teams
- Propose, define and construct appropriate measures that will support achieving your team’s goals and measuring your team’s processes
- Work with the team on a daily basis, taking care of their backlog, requirements to be delivered and work-organisation
- Make sure that the team works in the best possible way and effective way to be successful in achieving defined goals and objectives
- Enable teams and individuals to operate autonomously by giving continuous feedback, coaching and encouragement
- Enable people to do their best work by removing roadblocks and improving the product development process and product backlog.
- Define needs, finding candidates, recruiting and hiring talent to augment your team.
- Evaluate team and individual performance and delivering the performance reviews.
What you will need:
- 2+ years direct management or leadership experience in a consumer internet or technology company
- Proven ability to successfully deliver projects and initiatives in terms of defining, planning, scheduling and executing
- Previous experience with hiring and performance management
- Practice in following the industry trends and adoption of the best-practices
- Deep experience web based applications development
- Ability to translate complex requirements into actionable backlog
- Ability to inspire people and strong, proven leadership skills while working in cross-functional teams.
- Great motivation skills and ability to influence both technical experts and junior engineers
- Able to identify people's needs and put the best people in the best positions for individual team success
- Strong knowledge and experience with Scrum/Agile development method
- High level of creativity and problem-solving skills
- Excellent self organization skills
- Strong personal ownership and ability to set and meet high professional standards
Skills and systems:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- location: Kraków, Poland
- some of our benefits: absolutely no dress code, company lunches on Thursdays, private medical healthcare for you and your family, company events, and more
- we happily support your participation in conferences, training, courses - you get $800 per year to spend and time off when you need
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 150 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $68.5M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
Read more about the processing of your personal data by Brainly HERE.
Please include the following statement in your application:
Hereby I grant my consent to Brainly with registered office at Krowoderska 63B/6, 31-158 Kraków, Poland, KRS No 0000354511 for processing of my personal data that I provided to Brainly. I hereby confirm that I was informed about the processing of my personal data by Brainly.
About us WHAT IS BRAINLY? Brainly is the place to learn, for students, by students. We are the world’s largest social learning community bringing middle school and high school students together to make learning outside the classroom highly engaging, effective and rewarding. Students connect to their peers to help strengthen their skills, from math, to science, to history and beyond. Founded in 2009, Brainly is one of the most promising and fastest growing internet businesses in the EdTech space with over 80 million monthly users. Based in New York City and Kraków, Poland, Brainly is currently available in over 35 countries. Brainly has closed a $15M Series B round of funding led by the global internet and entertainment group, Naspers, to bring total funding from existing investors including General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital to $27M.