Brainly is scaling! We are looking for an experienced Search Engineer to join our Search Team for Brainly’s new vertical - Textbook Solutions and build out our search and personalization engine. The ideal candidate will leverage their background to build search capabilities across our self-paced learning products and further support building out personalized recommendations to our users.
This is a unique opportunity to directly contribute to the launch of our Textbook Solutions product and have an impact on the lives of hundreds of millions of students globally, and help us scale one of the fastest-growing and highest-quality consumer learning brands. Brainly is a fun, unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth 🚀
- Design, implement, test, and maintain Brainly’s Textbook Search Platform components in the context of a multi-tier, scalable, high-volume, and reliable distributed systems that perform 24x7
- Leverage Elasticsearch infrastructure and search/ML techniques to solve challenging problems in relevance ranking and semantic search
- Implement, extend, and modularize our federated search system architecture to meet 10x growth in search volume and diverse search intents from students, parents, and educators
Collaborate with ML, UX, and product to ideate and execute on our exciting content discovery roadmap
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
- 3+ years experience developing search algorithms and applications using Elasticsearch
- Solid understanding of object-oriented and functional programming and experience writing web services in general-purpose programming language (Go or Python preferred)
- Hands-on experience with developing and maintaining distributed systems
- Ability to quickly understand technical and business requirements and be able to translate into technical design and implementation
- High level of self-organization and ability to make your own decisions
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience with text processing, NLP, and data pipelining using Spark or Athena
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS Ecosystem
- Location: Kraków or Barcelona, or remotely from Poland/Spain
- Salary: up to 30 000 PLN gross/monthly
- Start date: as soon as possible (however, we’re happy to wait for the right person)
- Some of our benefits - the final offer will depend on the location:
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental Health Helpline - providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services - personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for remote work accessories
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the world's largest peer-to-peer learning community for students, parents and teachers. At brainly.com, and its group of websites around the world, students connect to both receive and offer help with homework problems and questions. The unique opportunity for students to freely ask questions and gain the confidence that comes from helping others and inspires students to learn in a collaborative community that receives more than 350 million users each month.
Based in Kraków, Poland, with its US headquarters in New York City, Brainly is currently available in 35 countries. The total funding from current investors, including Naspers, General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital equals $150M. More information about Brainly is available on www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - [email protected] If you want get to know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].
About us WHAT IS BRAINLY? Brainly is the place to learn, for students, by students. We are the world’s largest social learning community bringing middle school and high school students together to make learning outside the classroom highly engaging, effective and rewarding. Students connect to their peers to help strengthen their skills, from math, to science, to history and beyond. Founded in 2009, Brainly is one of the most promising and fastest growing internet businesses in the EdTech space with over 80 million monthly users. Based in New York City and Kraków, Poland, Brainly is currently available in over 35 countries. Brainly has closed a $15M Series B round of funding led by the global internet and entertainment group, Naspers, to bring total funding from existing investors including General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital to $27M.
Want to learn more about Brainly? Visit Brainly's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.