NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: KRAKÓW OR REMOTELY FROM POLAND / BARCELONA OR REMOTELY FROM SPAIN
SALARY: 19 000- 24 000 PLN gross/monthly
We are looking for a person who will be responsible for the part of our Design System related to product development and the effective day-to-day people and project management.
Covering the Design System Team needs and cooperating closely with Design System leaders - Sr. Manager, Lead IxD Product Designer and UI Engineering Lead to enhance our design system and satisfy the requirements of the business. Manager, Design System will manage Design System process and staff to ensure effective goal definition and it’s achievement, making sure that appropriate resources are assigned, reporting progress and constraints. Work with internal stakeholders to identify, track and realise the benefits associated with the successful implementation and development of the Pencil Design System.
The Manager, Design System will dive deep into our Design System processes and team and become its spokesperson to maintain the best level of collaboration, communication and project delivery.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Identify and define strategic initiatives and opportunities related to Design System area, roadmap and goals definition for the assigned part of Brainly Design System in close collaboration with the Senior Manager, Design System.
- Be responsible for ensuring that Team OKRs are achieved effectively and timely.
- Manage and coach the Design System Team daily
- Prioritization of efforts and lead the collaborative planning process with team members
- Maintain 1:1 and professional development programs as well as salary reviews and related processes for team members
- Collaborate with UI Engineering Lead, Lead IxD Product Designer and Sr. Manager, Design System on backlog grooming as well as greenlighting projects
- Manage team deliverables in all aspects (cost analysis, risk assessment, schedule, execution, delivery, reporting)
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager, Design System, Lead IxD Product Designer, UI Engineering Lead and DesignOps Manager to align and optimise the daily processes.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE?
- At least 3 years of professional experience as Team Leader or People Manager
- At least 6 years of experience of work in an iterative software development environment
- Experience managing both designers and engineers
- Ability to take the ownership and accountability of assigned Design System Team and its projects
- Performance-focused and results-driven
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- A coaching approach to people management.
- Honesty, reliability, self-motivation and high level of integrity
- Ability to cooperate with management and senior stakeholders
- An effective leader, capable of motivating the team to perform their best
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Academic degree in the field of design, engineering or related background
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- Experience in working for educational platforms
- Ability to share knowledge through workshops and presentations
Skills and systems
- Experience in working with Design Systems
- Ability to define and manage design efforts related to area of expertise including operationalization of Design System outcomes
- Familiarity with Jira and Confluence
- Fluency in English (verbal and written)
- Familiarity with Figma
- Experience in working on products with large user-base
- Good coaching skills
- Outstanding negotiation skills
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT DESIGN TEAM AT BRAINLY?
- Check out our Dribbble and Medium resources to discover what we are up to recently
- Visit our Instagram to meet your future team
- Also feel free to look at our Design System called "Pencil", that we are especially proud of!
- Watch the below video to discover how our Design System Manager, Patrycja, explains the process of building a Design System at Brainly:
Some of our benefits (slightly varies depending on the location):
- Flexible working hours
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental health Helpline – providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services – personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - [email protected] If you want get to know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].
About us WHAT IS BRAINLY? Brainly is the place to learn, for students, by students. We are the world’s largest social learning community bringing middle school and high school students together to make learning outside the classroom highly engaging, effective and rewarding. Students connect to their peers to help strengthen their skills, from math, to science, to history and beyond. Founded in 2009, Brainly is one of the most promising and fastest growing internet businesses in the EdTech space with over 80 million monthly users. Based in New York City and Kraków, Poland, Brainly is currently available in over 35 countries. Brainly has closed a $15M Series B round of funding led by the global internet and entertainment group, Naspers, to bring total funding from existing investors including General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital to $27M.
Want to learn more about Brainly? Visit Brainly's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.