NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: Kraków/Barcelona or remotely from Poland/Spain
BUDGET: 26 000 - 35 000 PLN gross/monthly
Brainly is the world’s largest online community, uniting students, parents and teachers in solving their academic problems and exchanging knowledge. Every month we are proud to be home to 350 million users around the world. Brainly’s knowledge base consists of hundreds of millions of Q&A contents in more than 12 languages and covering a broad spectrum of educational subjects at different grades.
The AI Services department represents a major investment toward the vision of implementing an AI-powered Predictive Intervention platform. The platform will enable every student to receive tailored recommendations satisfying their current and future educational needs, and provide successful and specific learning paths.
In order to get there, we are building the fundamental pillars of our AI strategy by having dedicated teams owning different systems of our technology portfolio.
Visual Search Systems team is responsible for providing great search experience based on visual input. As a member of this team you will apply deep learning techniques on vast amounts of images.
On a Senior role where you will research & develop the data science capabilities of our knowledge base and state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms on top of the PyData stack, HuggingFace, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Sagemaker and other AWS cloud services.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiast of educational technologies with a strong theoretical background and a blend of coding, machine learning, and statistics skillset.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Research and implement novel techniques of language understanding and knowledge representation.
- Explore and analyze multi-dimensional and unstructured data in order to find patterns and relationships.
- Develop probabilistic models of linguistics and social interactions sitting on top of our machine learning stack.
- Work closely with the engineers in order to integrate models and algorithms with the larger system.
- Effectively communicate results and storytelling with the data.
- Ensure statistical and scientific rigor among the whole team.
- Work closely with the Director of AI and product teams to design new features or improve the functionalities and user experience of the platform.
- Educate Brainly employees on the topics related to Machine Learning.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE?
- Master’s degree or above in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) or a similarly quantitative field.
- 4+ years experience, or a comparable industry career, with machine learning, data mining, or statistical modeling.
- Working knowledge of Python and the PyData stack or other numerical programming languages.
- Experience with analyzing massive datasets on a distributed cluster of machines (map/reduce or other parallel computing frameworks).
- PhD with publications in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics or similar.
- Experience with Computer Vision or other deep learning models in production.
- Experience with large volume ETL jobs or data streaming.
- Experience with graphs data and algorithms.
- Contributor or owner of GitHub repositories.
- Ability to prototype and test suboptimal solutions quickly and iterate up to a final product that can be deployed in production.
- A scientific mentality with the ability to ask the right questions, as well as answer them.
- Ability to convey complex analyses with the most efficient and intuitive visual interactions and data storytelling.
- Ability to break research down into clearly defined tasks and quick iterations.
- Team player attitude and clear communications skills.
- Familiar with agile development and lean principles.
Skills and systems
- Strong theoretical background on at least a few among high-dimensional classifiers, regression models, clustering algorithms, recommender systems, time-series analysis, Bayesian inference, text analytics, knowledge graphs, representation learning (embeddings), computer vision, or social network analysis.
- At least some of the data analysis and visualization tools such as pandas, dask, vaex, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, dash, bokeh, shap, streamlit.
- At least some of the data engineering technologies such as Spark, DataBricks, Glue, EMR, Docker, Kubernetes, SQL, key-value stores, Redshift, Snowflake.
- At least some of the ML technologies such as AWS SageMaker, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Spark ML, Open CV, scikit-learn, XGBoost, KubeFlow, MLFlow, or related frameworks.
- Fluent in English.
JOINING BRAINLY MEANS
Some of our benefits (slightly varies depending on the location):
- Flexible working hours
- Personal development budget 800$ per year + unlimited time off policy for participation in conferences and workshops and access to an online learning platform with courses from Udemy, Harvard Manage Mentor and many others
- Fully paid private health care packages for you and your family (dental care included) provided by Luxmed
- Fully paid life insurance provided by Warta
- Multisport Plus card
- Access to the Mental health Helpline – providing virtual support of external psychologists, psychotherapists, and coaches
- AskHenry services – personal concierge services to help you to settle your everyday matters (like Ikea shopping or shoemaker visit)
- Possibility to join one of our Employee Resource Groups and initiatives (Inclusion Council, Ladies at Brainly, Brainly Cares)
- If needed, additional budget for work remote work accessories
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application, you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. with its seats in Krakow, will process your data contained in the form below and in the documents you attach in to participate in recruitment. In connection with this, you have the right to withdraw your consents, the right to access to your data, the right to obtain their copy, rectify them, erase, limit their usage and also data portability right and object to their use by Brainly, as well as to lodge a complaint with the President of the UODO. If you have any questions regarding the use of information about you and exercising your rights related to this use, please contact our DPO - [email protected] If you want get to know more about how Brainly uses and process your personal data [click here].
About us WHAT IS BRAINLY? Brainly is the place to learn, for students, by students. We are the world’s largest social learning community bringing middle school and high school students together to make learning outside the classroom highly engaging, effective and rewarding. Students connect to their peers to help strengthen their skills, from math, to science, to history and beyond. Founded in 2009, Brainly is one of the most promising and fastest growing internet businesses in the EdTech space with over 80 million monthly users. Based in New York City and Kraków, Poland, Brainly is currently available in over 35 countries. Brainly has closed a $15M Series B round of funding led by the global internet and entertainment group, Naspers, to bring total funding from existing investors including General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital to $27M.
Want to learn more about Brainly? Visit Brainly's website.
The best bed for better sleep