NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: REMOTELY FROM POLAND / SPAIN
SALARY: 15 000 - 18 000 PLN gross/monthly
There are more than 350 million reasons to join Brainly — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with us as we build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as we shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
Let’s get to know each other. And get ready to make a difference!
Brainly is scaling! 🚀
We aspire to be one of the most user-centric companies in the world. To help us to achieve this ambition, we are looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher (Qualitative)who understands our users and develops meaningful insights for a team that serves multiple product teams, the UX Research Team at our Design Center of Excellence (CoE).
The role is highly visible and impactful - as the Senior UX Researcher you will work on cross-product, strategic research, and you will play a huge part in representing the voice of our users throughout the entire product development lifecycle.
WHY DESIGN AT BRAINLY?
- Check out our Dribbble and Medium resources to discover what we’ve been up to lately.
- Take a look at our design system called Pencil, of which we are especially proud. Also, you can visit our Instagram to meet your future team!
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will join the UX Research team at the Design Center of Excellence, a small but powerful team that is relatively new to Brainly. The team is under construction and the vision is to become a research powerhouse that impacts product teams and product strategy by conducting highly strategic foundational cross-product research. The team will also help grow the product team’s research capacity through mentorship, training, and coaching of CX Product Designers.
If you want to join a growing team, with lots of things to be done and built from scratch that you can be an active contributor, not just in terms of content but of Research Ops, infrastructure, practice, processes, and tools, then this is the right place. If you’re the right candidate, this challenge should excite you.
The Senior UX Researcher is a hands-on researcher with deep knowledge of qualitative research methodologies. We are looking for a person who has demonstrated solid skills to work collaboratively across teams, and a proven track record of success in driving user insights into an improved user experience, including lasting products and services. The Senior UX Researcher will collaborate on some of the most exciting and critical questions we have about our users, including our students, parents, and educators.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design and conduct qualitative studies from end to end: planning, executing, analyzing, and reporting. Manage projects and partners throughout the process.
- Represent the voice of our global users amongst cross-functional partners and stakeholders by highlighting user needs and behaviors
- Partner with leadership in product management, design, marketing, analytics, and engineering to define the long term strategy and short-term product and growth tactics for Brainly and its verticals by grounding these decisions in user needs and insights
- Help define and prioritize the user problems we need to solve, as well as conceptualize and evaluate the solutions by which we solve them
- Inform product design and strategy by translating data into insights that have clear and actionable implications for product development
- Collaborate with product teams and educate them on UX best practices at all stages of an agile product development process. Coach them on lightweight empathy-building and research approaches.
- Effectively communicate research findings to diverse audiences through writing and presentations; represent user research in key product and design discussions
- Become a thought leader of the research discipline, helping position the UXR team as a reference in research in the company by producing internal training, written and verbal content around UXR, and sharing research results for a wide audience inside the company.
- Be an active contributor to the team construction helping in establishing processes, guidelines, tools, and methodologies related to UX Research.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 7+ years of professional experience conducting and leading user research for products and services across web, mobile web, and mobile apps
- Experience delivering insights about end-users into the product design and development process, both for the design of brand-new products and for the redesign of existing products
- Experience conducting international/cross-cultural research and managing research vendors.
- Deep experience transforming ambiguous business opportunities and challenges into actionable user research questions, findings, and recommendations that help identify areas with the highest potential for impact
- Experience guiding teams who are iterating on products and services post-launch based on user data and insights
- Track record of driving measurable business results and customer value through thorough user research
- A strong research portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: study plans, reports)
- Insatiable curiosity, proactive, and able to balance project schedules with multiple and changing requirements
- Strong attention to detail and highly developed organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- A growth mindset, eager for collaboration and experimentation
- Resilience and patience to thrive in a rapidly changing, ambiguous start-up environment and its inherent growing pains.
WHAT WILL BLOW OUR MINDS
- Mixed methods experience: Experience leading survey-related research (e.g., questionnaires, advanced sampling, and weighting strategies)
- Experience using user research platforms like UserZoom, UserTesting, etc.
- Additional language skills to conduct research in some of our main markets: Brazilian Portuguese, Indonesian, and Indian vernacular languages.
- Master or Ph.D. degree in a related field to UX Research such as Computer Science, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, etc.
- Deep understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during various product phases
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- We want to see you grow along with us – you will have 800$ per year for personal development, extra time for attending conferences and workshops, and unlimited access to an online learning platform (courses from Coursera, Udacity, Udemy, Harvard ManageMentor, and many others!)
- Health is important, which is why at Brainly, we fully cover private health & dental care packages for you and your family and provide you with a sports card (Multisport Plus in Poland, Andjoy in Spain)
- You will also get access to online individual psychological consultations with professionals in English & Polish via the Mental Health Helpline
- Flexible working hours – working requires communication, so we work within the European business hours, but we also know that life may be unpredictable, so if you need to jump out of work (doctor’s appointment, emergency, anything) – no problem!
- Your personal concierge AskHenry will support you in your daily duties, eg. planning your dream vacation
- We will provide you with all the necessary equipment & tools, including an additional budget for accessories that will make your remote setup even more comfortable.
- You can join internal communities and contribute to charity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives, take part in great internal events or represent Brainly at conferences or meet-ups.
WHAT IS BRAINLY
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital, and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
By sending us your application you agree that Brainly sp. z o.o. will process your personal data to participate in this recruitment process. If you want to know more about how Brainly processes your personal data please click here.
About us WHAT IS BRAINLY? Brainly is the place to learn, for students, by students. We are the world’s largest social learning community bringing middle school and high school students together to make learning outside the classroom highly engaging, effective and rewarding. Students connect to their peers to help strengthen their skills, from math, to science, to history and beyond. Founded in 2009, Brainly is one of the most promising and fastest growing internet businesses in the EdTech space with over 80 million monthly users. Based in New York City and Kraków, Poland, Brainly is currently available in over 35 countries. Brainly has closed a $15M Series B round of funding led by the global internet and entertainment group, Naspers, to bring total funding from existing investors including General Catalyst Partners, Point Nine Capital, Runa Capital and Learn Capital to $27M.
Want to learn more about Brainly? Visit Brainly's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.