Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer on the Enterprise Payments Platform team, you will be responsible for architecting and building the next generation platform for our payments in the cloud. You will be driving technology direction of the team, planning and executing large technical projects in collaboration with other teams, setting up operational and team processes and helping mentor engineers.
What You'll Do
- Drive the direction of how our large-scale multi-region AWS cloud architecture will evolve
- Develop solutions for customer needs with an eye towards self-service products backed by efficient operations
- Drive initiatives to grow the scale of our platform, reduce complexity, and burn down technical debt
- Mentor the next generation of technical leaders
- Build key components of our platform via pair programming with other engineers
- Evangelize best practices for a highly available and secure cloud architecture that complies with regulations
- Setup practices to ensure the highest levels of operational resiliency
- Collaborate with leadership, peers and customers to effectively to deliver solutions and projects
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering
- Design and Operational Experience with large scale production grade distributed systems
- Good Linux skills and understanding of operating systems
- Experience building large distributed systems on one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience with infrastructure as code tooling such as Terraform & CloudFormation
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Java, Ruby, Golang, or shell scripting
Good To Have
(Don’t worry if you don’t have these skills. You can always learn these skills after joining us)
- Understanding of AWS technologies
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with monitoring/logging tools and best practices
- Understanding of SSL/TLS and PKI concepts
- Experience with proxy technologies such as Nginx, HAProxy, and Squid
- Experience managing infrastructure services such as DNS, LDAP, and SMTP
About Braintree Payments
Braintree provides the global commerce tools that people need to build their businesses, accept payments, and enable commerce for their users. It’s the simplest way to get paid for your great ideas -- across any device, and through almost any payment method.
Merchants in more than 40 countries worldwide can accept, split, and enable payments in more than 130 currencies using Braintree. And we’re here for you -- with stellar support, innovative concepts, and simple processes -- from your first dollar up past your billionth.
Want to learn more about Braintree Payments? Visit Braintree Payments's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.