Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you’re probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can’t tell we’re there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
As a Cloud Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for building the next generation platform for our payments in the cloud. You will be constantly collaborating with our customers, tech leadership and your peers, learning and teaching new ways of making our platform even more resilient, robust and scalable.
What You'll Do
- Develop solutions and tools to make the lives of Braintree Product engineers better and easier. You will develop solutions from ideation and design, through development, launch, operation and iteration.
- Partner with our customers (product engineering teams) on their products design, development and capacity planning to ensure Braintree continues to scale and maximize availability.
- Brainstorm and implement ways of reducing tech debt, automate repeated manual tasks and improve team productivity.
- Ideate new ways of doing things, publish RFCs, get buy-in from other engineering leads and implement changes.
- Be an active member of the open source community by reporting new defects and issues, contributing to open source projects and providing help to the community at large.
- Ensure sufficient logging, monitoring and alerting strategies around availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Be part of incident reviews and blameless post mortems.
- Mentor other members of the organization through their career journey at Braintree.
What We're Looking For
- Software Development background with ability to analyze and improve existing codebase.
- Ability to diagnose technical problems and debug code.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Java, Ruby, Golang, or shell scripting.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration.
- Great analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in software release lifecycle with modern distributed version control (e.g. git).
Good To Have
(Don’t worry if you don’t have these skills. You can always learn these skills after joining us)
- Proficiency in managing cloud based large-scale infrastructure.
- Expertise in designing and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems.
- Strong communicator, both written and spoken.
About Braintree Payments
Braintree provides the global commerce tools that people need to build their businesses, accept payments, and enable commerce for their users. It’s the simplest way to get paid for your great ideas -- across any device, and through almost any payment method.
Merchants in more than 40 countries worldwide can accept, split, and enable payments in more than 130 currencies using Braintree. And we’re here for you -- with stellar support, innovative concepts, and simple processes -- from your first dollar up past your billionth.
Want to learn more about Braintree Payments? Visit Braintree Payments's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.