Software Engineer, Applications
Branch Metrics, Seattle
The industry leader of the most exciting space in mobile.
You will work alongside a small and deeply hardworking engineering group, building out services that power mobile experiences for a majority of top companies around the world. Today, we are powering over 5 billion API transactions a day and growing rapidly. You will wear different hats along the way, traversing our stack, working across our application and data pipelines using languages like Java and frameworks like Spark, while shaping our entire system architecture. If this sounds appealing to you, you will feel right at home at Branch!
If you are passionate about building scalable software services handling tens of billions of low latency requests per day, come join us!
What You’ll Do:
- Work on building everything from APIs to backend systems across a range of technologies to support new and improved functionality that meets product needs
- Lead the design and implementation of complex systems end to end - be it a new service to power new functionality or data pipelines to ingest large volumes of data or implementing state of the art complex algorithms.
- Responsible for scoping, defining and leading design and implementation across multi-functional teams. You will often take vague product requirements and be responsible for breaking them down into smaller components displaying committed prioritization and coordination
- Work collaboratively with product managers, infrastructure, platform and data engineers to refine requirements, architect and implement complex systems
- Debugging hard problems - that’s a given! When things break -- and they will -- you will find yourself debugging those challenging bugs and will be eager and able to fix things
- Mentor other specialists and chip in to the team growth and development
- Every week we find ourselves learning something new, whether it’s a new technology or a quirk of a language we otherwise didn’t know. On occasion, you may find yourself picking up a new language or working with an unfamiliar platform. If this does not intimidate you, and you're eager to dive in and get the job done you will be right at home
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- Professional experience building backend systems and APIs for 4+ years
- Proficient in Java and comfortable diving in to any language or technology
- Experience with databases like Postgres, MySQL and familiarity with Redis, Kafka, Memcached, Spark
- Experience working with modern cloud based microservice architectures
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- Displays a significant ownership of features and systems and pursues a result driven development approach consistent with pragmatism
- Keen on leading technical multi-functional project teams
- Passion for building and shipping phenomenal customer facing software
- Ability to write readable and testable code
- Can jump right in
- Detail oriented, self-aware and a desire to continually improve
At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver flawless experiences that increase return on investment, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. By integrating Branch technology into core marketing channels including apps, web, email, social media, search, and paid ads, leading brands are driving higher-value conversions than ever before.
Headquartered in Redwood City, CA and with offices around the globe, Branch has raised more than $200M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund and Playground Ventures. We power mobile links, attribution, and measurement for more than 3 billion monthly users and over 50,000 apps, including Airbnb, Ticketmaster, Reddit, Buzzfeed, Twitch, OfferUp, Poshmark, and many more.
About Branch Metrics
What We Do Branch provides solutions that unify user measurement across different devices, platforms, and channels. The introduction of mobile has divided today’s businesses, causing inaccurate attribution and links that don’t work, leading to wasted marketing spend and broken customer journeys. Branch fixes that by providing a holistic view of various user touch points and ensuring that links take the user to the right place on the website or native app. We're backed by amazing investors who share that vision. In total, we've raised over $113 million in funding from Playground Ventures, Founders Fund, New Enterprise Associates, Samsung Ventures, Ben Narasin, Pear Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Zach Coelius, Madrona Venture Group, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners and TriplePoint Capital.
Want to learn more about Branch Metrics? Visit Branch Metrics's website.
Jobs You May Like
Platform QA Engineer
Ingenu, San Diego
Site Reliability Engineer, Cloud Services
HashiCorp, Remote US/UK/Canada/Netherlands/France/Germany
Senior Software Engineer - RabbitMQ
Pivotal Software, Anywhere
Software Engineer (Java/Kafka)
HashiCorp, Washington D.C.
Senior Front-End Software Developer, Platform