Sr. Software Engineer - Big Data Platform
Branch Metrics, Redwood City
The industry leader of the most exciting space in mobile.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Branch Big Data Platform, you will be designing, building and managing a scalable and highly available real time Big Data platform handling petabytes of data. Our platform is designed to ingest and processes billions of events per day, and make the resulting aggregations and insights available in minutes in our Analytical data stores for complex ad hoc “slice and dice” queries by both internal and external partners to drive their day to day mobile growth strategies. Data is at the core of our business, and we’re constantly innovating to make our systems more performant, timely, cost effective and capable, while maintaining high reliability. You’ll be architecting our core data infrastructure and pipelines using technologies and tools tailored for massive data sets including Flink, Spark, Kafka, Mesos, and Druid while working in the AWS cloud environment.
If you are interested in building systems that can consume and explore billions of data points a day, work with petabytes of data, want to push what is possible with data, this is the place for you!
What You'll Do:
- Architect and build real time and batch data pipelines and data aggregation systems to deliver quality real-time analytical reports for our internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with Data Scientists, backend Engineers, Data & Infrastructure Operations, and Products Managers to deliver new Data Platform capabilities.
- Develop clean, safe, testable and cost-efficient solutions
- Make well-informed decisions with deep knowledge of both the internal and external impacts to teams and projects. Foresee shortcomings ahead of time and be able to drive to resolution.
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- BS in Computer Science
- 8+ years experience, 3+ in Big Data Engineering
- Solid background in the fundamentals of computer science, distributed systems, large scale data processing as well as a mastery of database designs and data warehousing.
- Strong development skills in Java or Scala
- Expertise building massively scalable real time and/or batch distributed data processing solutions with modern technologies including Flink, Spark, Kafka, Hive, and Hadoop.
- Practical experience managing AWS Cloud environments
- Experience in containerized deployment, Mesos, Docker or Kubernetes a big plus!
- Good understanding of a broad spectrum of NoSQL, traditional RDBMS, and analytical/columnar data stores including Postgres, Druid, Vertica, Redshift, Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, Aerospike, and Redis
- Ability to build systems that balance scalability, availability and latency.
- Advocator of continual deployment and automation tools, monitoring, and self healing systems that can help improve the lives of our engineers
- A good communicator and team player who has a proven track record of building strong relationships with management, co-workers and customers.
- A desire to learn and grow, push yourself and your team, share lessons with others and provide constructive and continuous feedbacks, and receptive to feedback from others
Branch provides solutions that unify user measurement across different devices, platforms, and channels, and deliver a seamless customer experience no matter where the user comes from. The introduction of mobile has divided today’s businesses, causing inaccurate attribution and links that don’t work, leading to wasted marketing spend and broken customer journeys. Branch fixes that by providing a holistic view of various user touch points and ensuring that links take the user to the right place on the website or native app. Branch is a trusted solution for over 35,000 brands including Airbnb, Instacart, Pinterest, Slack and many more.
Branch has raised over $110 million in funding from amazing investors. We’re based in Redwood City, however, Branchsters can be found all around the world. The team is made up of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and educations, all passionate about the work we do, the team we do it with, and the partners we do it for. Join on in our journey to solving fascinating problems in the mobile industry!
About Branch Metrics
What We Do Branch provides solutions that unify user measurement across different devices, platforms, and channels. The introduction of mobile has divided today’s businesses, causing inaccurate attribution and links that don’t work, leading to wasted marketing spend and broken customer journeys. Branch fixes that by providing a holistic view of various user touch points and ensuring that links take the user to the right place on the website or native app. We're backed by amazing investors who share that vision. In total, we've raised over $113 million in funding from Playground Ventures, Founders Fund, New Enterprise Associates, Samsung Ventures, Ben Narasin, Pear Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Zach Coelius, Madrona Venture Group, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners and TriplePoint Capital.
Want to learn more about Branch Metrics? Visit Branch Metrics's website.
Jobs You May Like
Solution Architect (Pre-Sales)
Dropbox, Austin, TX
Java Developer (m/f)
Bitpanda, Vienna, Austria
Senior Backend Engineer - Open to Remote Candidates
Sun Basket, San Francisco, California
Back-End Software Engineer
Girlboss, Los Angeles
Senior Linux Database Administrator
The Voleon Group, Berkeley