Sr. Data Scientist - Content
Branch Metrics, Redwood City, CA
The industry leader of the most exciting space in mobile.
You will work with petabytes of data and develop automated algorithms to turn that data into indexable and searchable content, in order to serve the most relevant results for our users.
You'll be joining a fast-moving team working to build the next generation of mobile app discovery, for potentially billions of devices around the globe. We're seeking someone who's excited about working closely with Engineers, Data Scientists and Product Managers to address unsolved problems in acquiring, understanding, and ranking content from inside of mobile apps. Working with our team means you'll get the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis, interfacing with both technical and non-technical team members, and coordinating closely with external partners.
What you’ll do:
- Be the primary data scientist responsible for algorithmic interactions between Branch’s multi-petabyte data lake and content ingestion for our multi-vertical search system
- Develop proof of concepts (POCs) and algorithms that will include advanced feature extraction/generation and data mining from a large volume of unstructured data
- Develop the next generation framework and models for new customer self onboarding
- Devise, build and own automated algorithms to replace and enhance manual processes for app content onboarding
- Leverage multiple different types of data including text, numerical and user behavior data for creating new and innovative algorithms and solutions
- Collaborate closely with product managers and other data scientists to refine requirements, participate in design discussions and conceptualize complex features
- Work with dedicated software engineers to design and deploy data pipelines
- Our tech stack includes S3, Spark, FoundationDB, Postgres, Python, Kubernetes, Airflow, Presto and ElasticSearch
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- Multiple years of experience across a variety of different data science applications, including text data
- Able to build proof of concepts (POCs), complex data analyses and algorithms across large scale structured and unstructured data
- Proficient coding skills, preferably Python
- Big picture and systems level thinker, with a practical mindset
- Understands trade-off between good enough vs perfect, with the constraints of time
- Effective collaborator and strong communicator
- Familiar with Spark
- Experience with statistical/machine-learned text processing/NLP
- Experience in text-based search systems
- Multilingual text experience
- Strong business mindset
At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. By integrating Branch technology into core marketing channels including apps, web, email, social media, search, and paid ads, leading brands are driving higher-value conversions than ever before.
We have engineering offices in both Seattle, WA and Redwood City, CA, plus additional offices around the globe. Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund and Playground Ventures. We power mobile links, attribution, and measurement for more than 3 billion monthly users and over 50,000 apps, including Airbnb, Ticketmaster, Reddit, Buzzfeed, Twitch, OfferUp, Poshmark, and many more, and are working on exciting new ways to improve discovery in the mobile ecosystem.
Here at Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives. Our team consists of smart, humble and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
About Branch Metrics
What We Do Branch provides solutions that unify user measurement across different devices, platforms, and channels. The introduction of mobile has divided today’s businesses, causing inaccurate attribution and links that don’t work, leading to wasted marketing spend and broken customer journeys. Branch fixes that by providing a holistic view of various user touch points and ensuring that links take the user to the right place on the website or native app. We're backed by amazing investors who share that vision. In total, we've raised over $113 million in funding from Playground Ventures, Founders Fund, New Enterprise Associates, Samsung Ventures, Ben Narasin, Pear Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Zach Coelius, Madrona Venture Group, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners and TriplePoint Capital.