Sr. Data Scientist- Fraud
Branch Metrics, Redwood City, CA
The industry leader of the most exciting space in mobile.
Branch focuses on building technology to help mobile users access the content inside of their apps easier, using deep linking, and now we’re looking for motivated and collaborative people to help build the next evolution in connecting users to the content they care about. Working on the Discovery team means getting the opportunity to take a high degree of ownership over your work in a small-startup style culture. Join our team and see your contributions have an impact on not just the company, but the mobile ecosystem as a whole!
You’ll be joining a fast-moving team working to build the next generation of mobile app discovery for potentially billions of devices around the globe. We're seeking someone who's excited about working closely with Product Managers, Engineers and Data Scientists to address unsolved problems in acquiring, understanding, and ranking content from inside of mobile apps. Working with our team means you'll get the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis, interfacing with both technical and non-technical team members, and coordinating closely with external partners.
What you’ll do:
- Be the primary data scientist responsible for feature engineering and modeling in order to predict user behavior related to ads
- Perform detailed analysis of various data sources including Branch’s multi-petabyte data lake in order to better predict ad engagement
- Serve as a thought-partner in influencing the ads roadmap and strategy by identifying opportunities through deep-dive analyses and/or modeling
- Perform analyses and develop models on ad targeting, ad performance and other aspects related to ads delivery
- Collaborate with industry experts, data scientists, engineers as well as product managers for the development of the full life-cycle of ads-related features and models
- Our tech stack includes S3, Spark, FoundationDB, Postgres, Python, Kubernetes, Airflow, Presto and ElasticSearch
We’re Looking for Someone With:
- Experience with data mining, analyses and modeling user behavior acquisition, engagement and/or growth data
- Proficient coding skills, preferably Python
- Expertise in innovative feature engineering
- Big picture and systems level thinker, with a practical mindset
- Understands trade-off between good enough vs perfect, with the constraints of time
- Ability to work cross functionally with technical and business stakeholders with demonstrated listening, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Familiar with Spark
- Experience deploying production models
- Familiarity with the ad-tech space
- Strong business mindset
Branch focuses on building technology to help mobile users access the content inside of their apps easier, using deep linking, and now we're looking for motivated and collaborative people to help build the next evolution in connecting users to the content they care about. Working on the Discovery team means getting the opportunity to take a high degree of ownership over your work in a small-startup style culture.
Here at Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives. Our team consists of smart, humble and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
We have engineering offices in both Seattle, WA and Redwood City, CA, plus additional offices around the globe. Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund and Playground Ventures. The team is made up of people from different backgrounds, experiences, and education, all passionate about the work we do, the team we do it with, and the partners we do it for. Join on in our journey to solving fascinating problems in the mobile industry!
About Branch Metrics
What We Do Branch provides solutions that unify user measurement across different devices, platforms, and channels. The introduction of mobile has divided today’s businesses, causing inaccurate attribution and links that don’t work, leading to wasted marketing spend and broken customer journeys. Branch fixes that by providing a holistic view of various user touch points and ensuring that links take the user to the right place on the website or native app. We're backed by amazing investors who share that vision. In total, we've raised over $113 million in funding from Playground Ventures, Founders Fund, New Enterprise Associates, Samsung Ventures, Ben Narasin, Pear Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Zach Coelius, Madrona Venture Group, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners and TriplePoint Capital.
Want to learn more about Branch Metrics? Visit Branch Metrics's website.
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Data Services