Engineering Manager - Android
Branch Metrics, Richmond
The industry leader of the most exciting space in mobile.
At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
You'll be joining a fast-moving team working to build the next generation of search, focused on mobile, for potentially billions of devices around the globe. Working with our team means you'll get the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis, interfacing with both technical and non-technical team members, and coordinating closely with external partners.
As an Engineering Manager - Android, you’ll get to:
- Balance hands-on coding with team leadership.
- Guide our team to design and develop a search product for consumers, which enables people to search for content and shortcuts across apps.
- Manage and prioritize new projects, ongoing support, and technical debt. Scope, define, and lead design and implementation. You will often take vague product requirements and be responsible for breaking them down into smaller components displaying committed prioritization and coordination.
- Align individual priorities with team priorities, manage individual performance.
- Manage and prioritize new projects, ongoing support, and technical debt.
- Continuously look for ways to optimize and streamline internal engineering efficiency.
- Coordinate with other engineering managers and directors across the engineering team to help to refine requirements, architect, implement complex systems, and ultimately to accomplish your projects.
- Debug hard problems - that’s a given! When things break -- and they will -- you will find yourself debugging those challenging bugs and will be eager and able to fix things.
- Every week we find ourselves learning something new, whether it’s a new technology or a quirk of a language we otherwise didn’t know. On occasion, you may find yourself picking up a new language or working with an unfamiliar platform. If this does not intimidate you, and you're eager to dive in and get the job done you will be right at home.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- 3+ years experience building Android applications.
- 1+ years of management experience.
- Proficiency in Java and comfortable diving into any language or technology.
- Experience with the use and functions of Android SDK, Java, and XML and are able to build mobile applications for Android.
- Strong ability to follow through, stay organized, and juggle multiple things without losing track of anything. You have a keen sense of prioritization, and ability to understand and align day-to-day priorities with larger strategic initiatives.
- Self-starter: has ownership, accountability, initiative, and urgency. You have great communication skills, both within and outside of the team. You enjoy working in a fast paced environment, bringing order to chaos, identifying and solving emergent issues proactively.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- In 2020, we are recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 50,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
About Branch Metrics
What We Do Branch provides solutions that unify user measurement across different devices, platforms, and channels. The introduction of mobile has divided today’s businesses, causing inaccurate attribution and links that don’t work, leading to wasted marketing spend and broken customer journeys. Branch fixes that by providing a holistic view of various user touch points and ensuring that links take the user to the right place on the website or native app. We're backed by amazing investors who share that vision. In total, we've raised over $113 million in funding from Playground Ventures, Founders Fund, New Enterprise Associates, Samsung Ventures, Ben Narasin, Pear Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Zach Coelius, Madrona Venture Group, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners and TriplePoint Capital.
Want to learn more about Branch Metrics? Visit Branch Metrics's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.