Senior Software Engineer, Android SDK
Branch Metrics, Seattle
The industry leader of the most exciting space in mobile.
At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
We’re taking our learnings thus far and embarking on a compelling new vision to help transform the on-device experience on Android together with our OEM partners. Our early efforts are already deployed on millions of devices globally and we need your help to expand on this and take it to the next level! If you love the mobile space, relish a challenge, and want to dabble in advanced Android while collaborating with a world-class team building complementary services, come join us!
As a Senior Software Engineer for Android SDK, you’ll get to:
- Investigate and build prototypes for new privacy-centric attribution and deep linking products.
- Incorporate new Android platform changes into our SDKs.
- Interact with the open source community behind our SDKs.
- Build and ship high-quality software development kits (SDK) that enable our partners to integrate with our platform and provide delightful experiences to end-users.
- Influence how our various SDK plugins work on Android.
- Take on as much responsibility as you can handle -- ranging from deep ownership of a specific area of innovation to owning entire projects, scoping, defining, and leading technical design and implementation across multi-functional teams.
- Often take vague product requirements and learn to break them down into smaller components and deliver them.
- Collaborate with product managers, infrastructure, platform, and data engineers to refine requirements, architect, and implement complex systems.
- Debug hard problems - that’s a given! When things break, and they will, you will find yourself debugging those challenging bugs and will be eager and able to fix things.
- Be exposed to other industry experts and build upon your knowledge.
- Get to learn something new regularly -- whether it’s new technology, data pipelines, the quirk of a language, or a whole new language. If this gives you joy and you're eager to dive in, you’ll be right at home!
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- Experience in shipping native Android applications or services for 2+ years.
- Experience in Java and experienced with Kotlin, but comfortable diving into other languages or platforms beyond Android.
- Interest in building native Android services or middleware-like components. If your interests are more around building pixel perfect UI, we might not be your dream job.
- Familiarity with popular mobile plugins such as React Native, Cordova, Unity, and Xamarin is good to have.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work. In 2021, we made Comparably’s list of the top 50 best engineering teams.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 75,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds and age groups to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
About Branch Metrics
What We Do Branch provides solutions that unify user measurement across different devices, platforms, and channels. The introduction of mobile has divided today’s businesses, causing inaccurate attribution and links that don’t work, leading to wasted marketing spend and broken customer journeys. Branch fixes that by providing a holistic view of various user touch points and ensuring that links take the user to the right place on the website or native app. We're backed by amazing investors who share that vision. In total, we've raised over $113 million in funding from Playground Ventures, Founders Fund, New Enterprise Associates, Samsung Ventures, Ben Narasin, Pear Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Zach Coelius, Madrona Venture Group, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners and TriplePoint Capital.
Want to learn more about Branch Metrics? Visit Branch Metrics's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid