Senior Software Engineer - Engineering Efficiency
Branch Metrics, Redwood City
The industry leader of the most exciting space in mobile.
At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
Today, we have tens of thousands of mobile apps using our infrastructure and we are powering over 12 billion data points a day and growing rapidly. Quality of data is paramount to us. We're seeking someone who is excited about working closely with data engineers and business stakeholders to design, architect and implement data quality automation framework and tools, to enable the engineering team to deliver at high velocity while maintaining a high degree of data quality. Working with our team, you'll get the opportunity to learn and grow on a daily basis, build with autonomy & responsibility and influence and guide the data quality automation toolset at Branch.
As a Senior Software Engineer - Engineering Efficiency, you’ll get to:
- Design, architect and build enhancements to the tools we use to manage, develop and build code across the company.
- Own our core CI/CD systems, including maintenance, feature enhancement, system consolidation, etc.
- Continuously look for areas of improvement in the ways our engineering teams work and build tools to help them succeed.
- Participate in complex issues triaging and look for ways to make root cause identification easier with implementation of tools/processes.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- Proficiency in Java or Python, and interest in learning new languages.
- Extensive experience working with JVM build tools like Ant, Maven, or Gradle.
- Experience creating and operating applications deployed on Kubernetes.
- Passion for building tools that help other teams succeed.
- Strong ownership of components and a keen eye for driving technical solutions focused on prioritizing impact over technology opinion / desire.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
Nice to haves:
- Experience deploying / operating CI/CD systems like Jenkins, CircleCI, or Gitlab.
- Experience with advanced multi-language build tools like Bazel or Buck.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- In 2020, we are recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 50,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
About Branch Metrics
What We Do Branch provides solutions that unify user measurement across different devices, platforms, and channels. The introduction of mobile has divided today’s businesses, causing inaccurate attribution and links that don’t work, leading to wasted marketing spend and broken customer journeys. Branch fixes that by providing a holistic view of various user touch points and ensuring that links take the user to the right place on the website or native app. We're backed by amazing investors who share that vision. In total, we've raised over $113 million in funding from Playground Ventures, Founders Fund, New Enterprise Associates, Samsung Ventures, Ben Narasin, Pear Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Zach Coelius, Madrona Venture Group, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners and TriplePoint Capital.
Want to learn more about Branch Metrics? Visit Branch Metrics's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.