Engineering Manager, Cloud Efficiency
Branch Metrics, Seattle
The industry leader of the most exciting space in mobile.
At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
You will work alongside a small and deeply hardworking engineering group, building out services that power mobile experiences for a majority of top companies around the world. Today, we are powering over 12 billion API transactions a day and growing rapidly. You will wear different hats along the way, traversing our stack, improving our application and data pipelines using languages like Java and frameworks like Spark, while shaping our entire system architecture. If this sounds appealing to you, you will feel right at home at Branch!
If you are passionate about building scalable software services handling tens of billions of low latency requests per day, come join us!
As a Engineering Manager - Cloud Efficiency, you’ll get to:
- Identify & drive platform stability projects. Evaluate ROI and work with executive leadership to find and complete large, measurable wins.
- Make our amazing team of engineers even more efficient with a focus on reliability, automation, operability and performance.
- Work collaboratively with infrastructure, platform and data engineers to refine requirements, architect and implement systems to drive down our overall system complexity.
- Focus on Kubernetes architecture and leverage your knowledge of the Kubernetes ecosystem and technical vision to build a showcase Cloud Platform at Branch.
- Continuously learn something new, whether it’s a new technology or a quirk of a language we otherwise didn’t know. On occasion, you may find yourself picking up a new language or working with an unfamiliar platform. If this does not intimidate you, and you're eager to dive in and get the job done you will be right at home.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- 1+ years of experience managing software development teams.
- 1+ years of experience managing production Kubernetes clusters on AWS.
- Solid knowledge of the Kubernetes ecosystem as a whole.
- Experience with Infrastructure automation for containers, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Strong experience in Java and comfort diving into any language or technology.
- Experience working with modern cloud based microservice architectures.
- Ability to display a significant ownership of features and systems and pursue a result driven development approach consistent with pragmatism.
- Self-starter: has ownership, accountability, initiative, and urgency. You have great communication skills, both within and outside of the team. You enjoy working in a fast paced environment, bringing order to chaos, identifying and solving emergent issues proactively.
- High attention to detail and a strong desire to continually improve.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work. In 2021, we made Comparably’s list of the top 50 best engineering teams.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 75,000 apps.
About Branch Metrics
What We Do Branch provides solutions that unify user measurement across different devices, platforms, and channels. The introduction of mobile has divided today’s businesses, causing inaccurate attribution and links that don’t work, leading to wasted marketing spend and broken customer journeys. Branch fixes that by providing a holistic view of various user touch points and ensuring that links take the user to the right place on the website or native app. We're backed by amazing investors who share that vision. In total, we've raised over $113 million in funding from Playground Ventures, Founders Fund, New Enterprise Associates, Samsung Ventures, Ben Narasin, Pear Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Zach Coelius, Madrona Venture Group, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners and TriplePoint Capital.
Want to learn more about Branch Metrics? Visit Branch Metrics's website.
WE PUT MORE POWER IN YOUR HANDS