Product Design Director - UI/UX
Branch Metrics, Redwood City
The industry leader of the most exciting space in mobile.
At Branch, we help create phenomenal user experiences on mobile. We build products that move consumers between apps and websites, helping them to always find the content they need. We solve problems that are common to every app publisher and every mobile consumer in the world, helping to make everyday life a little less frustrating and a little more enjoyable.
We provide deep linking tools, which help brands to guide users to their content across the mobile web and mobile apps, and we provide advertising attribution services, which allow marketers to measure advertising effectiveness whilst respecting user privacy. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who live and breathe our company motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
We are looking for an ambitious mid-career professional who can help develop this team and introduce a next gen user experience to all of our users. You'll help us make decisions about how to improve our product, pioneering best practices and finding an appropriate design language for managing our links and ads products.
As a Product Design Director - UI/UX, you’ll get to:
- Coach a team of 3 talented product designers, with additional responsibility for creative decisions in marketing and branding.
- Coordinate product design decisions across three different development teams, creating a coherent product architecture.
- Help prioritize user interface improvements, making strategic calls on what is essential for us to be great at to help our customers, and what can merely be ok.
- Get hands on in creating and designing key features yourself.
- Lead customer research, working with customers to understand what makes a great work flow.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- At least 12 years experience in Design and User Experience.
- Led a team and had direct reports who would sing your praises.
- Packed portfolio of B2B SaaS projects that take complex workflows and make them intuitive and sometimes even enjoyable or beautiful.
- Proficiency in a range of leading modern design tools such as Sketch, Figma, Zeplin, Invision, and the Abode suite, or comparable tools.
- Ability to comfortably communicate the value of your work and the justification for the design decisions you have made.
- Strong sense of when to use a solid process for bigger projects, and when it's appropriate to hammer out the smaller things.
- Experience in working as a full-stack designer, including primary user research, interaction design, visual design, and continuous improvement.
- Technical proficiency and an interest in understanding, “what’s under the hood”.
- Experience in mobile apps, ad tech, and/or B2B SaaS.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $330M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work. In 2021, we made Comparably’s list of the top 50 best engineering teams.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 75,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
About Branch Metrics
What We Do Branch provides solutions that unify user measurement across different devices, platforms, and channels. The introduction of mobile has divided today’s businesses, causing inaccurate attribution and links that don’t work, leading to wasted marketing spend and broken customer journeys. Branch fixes that by providing a holistic view of various user touch points and ensuring that links take the user to the right place on the website or native app. We're backed by amazing investors who share that vision. In total, we've raised over $113 million in funding from Playground Ventures, Founders Fund, New Enterprise Associates, Samsung Ventures, Ben Narasin, Pear Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Zach Coelius, Madrona Venture Group, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners and TriplePoint Capital.
Want to learn more about Branch Metrics? Visit Branch Metrics's website.
The best bed for better sleep