Senior Business Strategy Manager
Branch Metrics, Chicago, Illinois, United States
The industry leader of the most exciting space in mobile.
At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
Branch is looking for a Senior Manager of Business Strategy to support our customers and our Go To Market team as we grow. You will provide the data behind our customer strategies, and help message it. You’ll be an in-house consultant for pre- and post-sales teams, and also an evangelist of Branch as a Mobile Growth leader, routinely presenting to senior stakeholders from leading brands around the world, and in every industry (e.g., Spotify, Nike, Twitter, NBC, Chipotle, etc.).
You’ll identify opportunities, quantify them with models, and you’ll tell leadership where you think we should be heading. You’ll look at customer and market data to help us intelligently plan our marketing, sales and business development efforts. You’re not only going to be providing crucial information, you’ll be influencing high-impact decisions by defending your position with analysis.
You’ve had experience working in data-driven businesses, perhaps in consulting or finance. You know the importance between finding the true story in the data, versus making the data fit the story. You’re a great communicator who understands the bigger picture, but you’re also a pragmatist who is not afraid to dive into quality issues and make sure our systems are giving us the right information. Creating a deck to inform or influence is second nature, as is building visualizations that answer the question of “so what?”
As a Senior Manager of Business Strategy, you’ll get to:
- Analyze data to glean new insights into a customer’s business impact by leveraging Branch.
- Create quantitative models and projections that the entire team can use.
- Propose strategic initiatives (based on data) to help Branch grow.
- Present Branch best practices and recommendations to customers across all business verticals.
- Consult teammates on strategic use cases for prospective new customers.
- Write blog posts and host webinars as a thought leader for Mobile Growth topics.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- At least 3+ years of experience in analytical roles, preferably in finance or consulting.
- At least a year in a strategically consultative or influential role, creating and delivering informative and persuasive presentations to senior stakeholders (could be in-house).
- Experience researching, formulating hypotheses, performing data driven analysis and packaging conclusions.
- Conceptual understanding of quantitative modeling, forecasting and statistics (linear regression, significance testing, etc.).
- Ability to create informative and compelling data visualizations to illustrate.
- Comfort building decks, creating overarching storylines along with compelling individual slides.
- Understanding of the Branch SDK and mobile linking technology.
Nice to Haves:
- Bachelor’s degree from a competitive university, preferably with studies in STEM subjects, economics, finance or business.
- An MBA or equivalent experience in management consulting/investment banking.
- Experience with quantitative large dataset querying and munging.
- Practical experience building both vertical and horizontal logic in presentations.
- Skilled with data visualization tools, understanding how to make compelling points graphically.
- Experience at a growth stage Internet/Software company.
- Vertical-specific B2C industry experience, either via consulting or covering as an analyst (could be retail, telecomm, media, finance, etc.).
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $630M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have a presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- We are ranked as the #3 fastest growing company in North America on Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 list.
- In 2020, we are recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups, Great Places to Work, and Bay Area Best Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 75,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds and age groups to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
Please note that Branch's COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be working from one of our offices or will be attending company events to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to qualifying accommodation requests.
About Branch Metrics
What We Do Branch provides solutions that unify user measurement across different devices, platforms, and channels. The introduction of mobile has divided today’s businesses, causing inaccurate attribution and links that don’t work, leading to wasted marketing spend and broken customer journeys. Branch fixes that by providing a holistic view of various user touch points and ensuring that links take the user to the right place on the website or native app. We're backed by amazing investors who share that vision. In total, we've raised over $113 million in funding from Playground Ventures, Founders Fund, New Enterprise Associates, Samsung Ventures, Ben Narasin, Pear Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Zach Coelius, Madrona Venture Group, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners and TriplePoint Capital.
Want to learn more about Branch Metrics? Visit Branch Metrics's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one