Head of Security
Branch Metrics, Seattle, Washington, United States
The industry leader of the most exciting space in mobile.
At Branch, we’re transforming how brands and users interact across digital platforms. Our mobile marketing and deep linking solutions are trusted to deliver seamless experiences that increase ROI, decrease wasted spend, and eliminate siloed attribution. Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people who value ownership over all we do to create a product, team, and company that lives and breathes our motto: Build Together, Grow Together, Win Together.
As the Head of Security for Branch, you will be responsible for taking a hands-on approach to ensure our company evaluates risk and develops the safeguards and processes to keep Branch and our customers safe. We’re looking for a candidate that will act with urgency and will always be paving a path forward for the future of the company. If you’re a strong technically minded security leader seeking to define and pave the way for a fast growing startup, we’d love to talk.
As a Head of Security, you’ll get to:
- Set the strategic vision for the Branch security organization and collaborate with Engineering, IT, Operations, Sales and Client Success leadership to execute on your vision.
- Oversee all corporate and IT security including Application Security, Infrastructure Security, and Security Compliance.
- Define, maintain, and enforce security policies.
- Conduct regular corporate and IT security audits.
- Manage our bug bounty program.
- Oversee and refine our vendor assessment security processes.
- Train and mentor Branch engineers on security best practices.
- Own all security incident event management activities.
- Drive sales enablement via ownership of all Security questionnaires in RFP process and customer negotiations regarding security issues.
- Make well-informed decisions with deep knowledge of both the internal and external impacts to teams and projects. Foresee shortcomings ahead of time and be able to drive to resolution.
You’ll be a good fit if you have:
- 10+ years of relevant Security experience and 2+ years Management experience.
- Startup and SaaS experience with a passion and desire to be hands-on.
- Hands on practical experience AWS/Cloud Security, network security, product security or security operations center (e.g. red vs. blue teams).
- Experience developing Information Security Management System programs (e.g. product security, vulnerability management, security operations center).
- Expertise in governance, risks and compliance frameworks or certifications such as SOC2 Type II, ISO 27001, 27017, 27018, 27701 and 27032.
- Experience defining data privacy and information security policies.
- Strong communication skills and a team player mentality with a proven track record of building strong relationships with management, co-workers and customers.
- Ability to move at a high velocity and go the extra mile making the right tradeoffs between speed and quality.
Nice to Haves:
- Relevant security credentials or certification, e.g. CISSP, CCEP, CCSP, CISA.
- Prior experience in customer security areas, e.g. responding to customer security questionnaires, handling customer escalations, cyber security incidents, security researchers.
- Understanding of cloud security technologies (e.g. IDS/IPS, VPC, DLP), identity management (e.g. SAML SSO, RBAC vs. ABAC) and AWS security tools (e.g. GuardDuty, Inspector, Security Hub) would be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated influence or negotiation skills for change management, security risk prioritization, and solving complex issues.
A little bit about us:
- Branch has raised more than $600M from investors such as NEA, Founders Fund, and Playground Ventures.
- We are headquartered in Silicon Valley and have a presence all over the world.
- Diversity at Branch ranks in the top 10% for similarly sized companies (by Comparably).
- In 2022, we were recognized as one of Forbes Best Startups and certified by Great Places to Work.
- We have more than 3 billion monthly users and are partnered with over 75,000 apps.
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, we’d love for you to apply! At Branch, we strive to create an inclusive culture that encourages people from different backgrounds and age groups to bring their unique, diverse perspectives to work. We aim every day to build an environment that empowers us all to do the best work of our lives, and we can’t wait to show you what we have to offer!
Please note that Branch's COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be working from one of our offices or will be attending company events to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to qualifying accommodation requests.
About Branch Metrics
What We Do Branch provides solutions that unify user measurement across different devices, platforms, and channels. The introduction of mobile has divided today’s businesses, causing inaccurate attribution and links that don’t work, leading to wasted marketing spend and broken customer journeys. Branch fixes that by providing a holistic view of various user touch points and ensuring that links take the user to the right place on the website or native app. We're backed by amazing investors who share that vision. In total, we've raised over $113 million in funding from Playground Ventures, Founders Fund, New Enterprise Associates, Samsung Ventures, Ben Narasin, Pear Ventures, Cowboy Ventures, Zach Coelius, Madrona Venture Group, Greylock Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners and TriplePoint Capital.
Want to learn more about Branch Metrics? Visit Branch Metrics's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.