Breather helps businesses grow with private, modern workspace available for any duration of time, and on completely flexible terms. Our network of 500 spaces spans across 10 markets including Montreal, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and London, powered by in-house tech allowing anyone to instantly unlock space anywhere.
Our mission is to empower businesses with access to productive space that grows as they do. With over 10,000+ clients and the support of leading tech and real estate investors, we’re already well on our way — and we want your help to reach the next step of the journey.
The infrastructure team at Breather is looking for a talented and meticulous data engineer: someone that will take ownership of data quality and work to elevate it and make it as relevant as possible. That person will help interpreting the data as well as sit down with stakeholders to determine how to best improve their workflows. The ideal candidate can understand the specifics of Breather’s internal data pipelines, intervene to fix problems, suggest and implement ways to improve them. This role offers both the opportunity to gather the big picture of the business and the leisure to suggest and implement technical solutions.
As a Data Engineer at Breather, you will:
- Take ownership of the data ingestion pipelines from beginning to end
- Help troubleshoot and guard against data integrity problems
- Review, optimize and streamline Breather’s whole ETL system
- Work closely with various internal teams and stakeholders to improve their workflows and understanding of the available data
- Audit and improve data warehouse models
- Use various data transformation tools to aggregate several sources
- Make and implement suggestions for new data ingestion architecture
You will help your team:
- Coordinate with various teams to review and improve revenue data
- Audit current transformation code to streamline it and update it to use the latest schema version
- Coordinate with the real estate team to streamline their data input process
- Advise on data requirements / best practices for new projects
- Participate in the production and development of business reports
Helpful Skills and Experience you’ll need to succeed:
- 2+ years experience as data engineer
- Proficiency with the SQL language
- Proficiency with the Python language
- Solid understanding of relational database design
- Good understanding of cloud technologies involved in an ETL in general
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to discern and negotiate with stakeholders their needs in order to design relevant, high quality solutions
- Sincere desire to acquire and master the big picture of the company’s business data
- Natural tendency towards using industry best practices
What We Value
At Breather, our company values are not only the principles that link us together in the way we work, but they also keep us aligned on the same path, all working towards connected goals. These standards are what guide us on our collective journey through space(s).
- Default to transparency
- Create with care
- Be a piece of the puzzle
- Propose. Build. Deploy.
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by all the possibilities that come with working at Breather! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits:
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- A generous Paid Time Off package per the calendar year
- Annual learning reimbursement that benefits your career growth
- Free access to the Breather network of over 500 spaces (and growing, fast!)
- Access to comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage. Oh, and it’s on us
- Dog friendly office - bring your dog to work, they’ll find plenty of friends waiting to play with them!
- Be part of a well-funded, proven startup with big ambitions, competitive salary and company options
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team plus a kitchen filled with healthy snacks, bagels and chips!
About us Breather creates peaceful, practical and beautifully designed meeting rooms and private workspaces. With over 450 locations in New York, San Francisco, Boston, Los Angeles, Chicago, Toronto, Montreal, London, Washington and Ottawa, Breather lets you unlock a space of your own, on-the-go and on-demand. Booking is easy – simply find and reserve a Breather near you on our iOS and Android apps or on our website at Breather.com. You can book rooms for 30 minutes, a few hours or an entire day. By partnering with Breather, property owners and building managers can make more money from their unused and under-performing space and thereby increase the value of their existing real estate portfolios. Breather has raised funding from Peter Thiel's Valar Ventures, RRE and Real Ventures, as well as some of the most respected angel investors in Silicon Valley and New York. Since launching, we’ve been featured in The New York Times, The New Yorker, The Atlantic, Fortune, Dwell and TechCrunch, to name a few.