Sr. BI Developer
Bright Health, Austin, TX
WE’RE NEW, BUT WE’RE NOT NEW AT THIS.
- Participate on an Agile scrum team to design and develop BI assets, including data pipelines, reports, visualizations, interactive stewardship dashboards, and data-centric workflows to help automate business processes. Specifically, you will:
- Design and develop and modify/maintain ETL processes and workflows that load data for the data warehouse using ETL tools (transitioning from SSIS to Azure integration technologies) and SQL code.
- Provide performance and scale tuning in selected technology stacks for ETL, data querying, and information management platforms.
- Implement traditional data warehouse schema and star schema data models.
- Collaborate with data engineering in the creation of reusable components as they relate to the Azure data management frameworks
- Collaborate with analytics teams to design reports and reporting portals, supporting subscriptions, enabling advanced filtering for ad hoc querying, and performance tuning.
- Collaborate with and mentor analytics and business unit “citizen developers” on reporting and business process automation solutions, including SharePoint and the Microsoft Power Platform.
- Participate in design sessions for new deliverables and mentor team members in particular areas of expertise.
- Assist the scrum master on a rotation to lead Agile ceremonies, including stand-up, story grooming, sprint planning, sprint review, and retrospectives.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of generalized BI experience, using integration tools such as SSIS and reporting suites such as PowerBI or Tableau is a must.
- 2+ years of specialized BI experience (in addition to generalized experience – 5 years total) in a particular aspect of BI Enablement, such as ETL integration, SharePoint development, reporting and visualizations, database design and data modeling.
- 5+ years developing data-intensive solutions against an RDBMS, such as SQL Server, Postgres or Oracle. Highly skilled writing SQL queries, DML and DDL, indexes and performance tuning.
- 1+ years of Healthcare data experience is required; 3+ years is preferred
- 5+ years of experience in advanced Microsoft SQL Server is preferred.
- Experience operating on in an Agile scrum environment is preferred.
- Enterprise experience with data movement and management in Azure is a plus.
- Hands-on expertise in designing and building Kimball-style Star schema database models is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or comparable work experience. Computer Science or similar preferred
- MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT VISA SPONSORSHIP
About Bright Health
Here’s the great thing about building a health plan from the ground up. We get to ask "why" at every turn – and make every decision a thoughtful one. But we’re different than other new health insurance companies because we come from big places. Our leaders have decades of experience working in health insurance and are committed to improving the customer experience. They started Bright Health because they know what to do and, more importantly, what not to do when creating a system that will actually work in your favor. Bright Health believes healthcare can be done better. Our carefully selected network: When we sat down to design Bright Health plans, we were thinking about relationships – the one between you and your doctor, and also the one between us and your doctor. Then we set out to create purposeful partnerships with caring providers. We call them our Care Partner. Our tight-knit network gives you access to a community of compassionate providers who are working together with us and with each other to help you live Brighter. Our commitment to service: When you need care, you want someone familiar who can help you, someone who actually feels good to interact with. And in-between visits to the doctor, you want someone who will help you thrive. So with any Bright Health plan, you get us, your Bright Health Team. We’re here, ready to help. No matter if your question is “Can I see this doctor?” or “How much is covered?” it’s easy to reach a real person who can get you the right answers and help you find the right care. There, that’s better. Our Whole Health Rewards: Keeping good health extends far beyond how many steps you take, what your BMI is, or what kind of food you eat. Don’t get us wrong, those things certainly contribute to your well-being but there’s a whole lot more to the picture. We provide opportunities for you to earn $$ throughout the year for making good decisions that lead to a Brighter life. When you and your health plan both want what’s best for you – it makes staying well a whole lot easier.
Want to learn more about Bright Health? Visit Bright Health's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Systems Architect (REF18191C) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US