Sr. Software Engineer
Bright Health, Austin, TX
WE’RE NEW, BUT WE’RE NOT NEW AT THIS.
- Collaborate directly with product managers, UX researchers, and designers to define and implement solutions for our digital properties.
- Contribute to the design, development and implement systems, full-stack applications and/or websites related to the healthcare insurance industry.
- Contribute to all aspects of the product stack.
- Build the development of integrations with outside/third-party systems as needed.
- Collaborate with teammates on technical design, work estimation, and implementation of new features.
- Stay on top of bug and task management using JIRA or similar.
- Lead and contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's productivity, culture, and code quality.
- Review team member's code to identify and remediate bugs quickly.
- Create documentation and processes for teaching or lead learning sessions with other engineers as needed.
- Act as a knowledge base for other engineers.
- Mentor engineers at all levels of their careers to improve skills, code quality, and best practices.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years in software development.
- At least 3 years experience with ReactJS.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred.
- Expertise in developing full-stack web applications.
- Experience building applications in the cloud, bonus points for serverless architectures.
- Experience scaling applications from prototype to tens of thousands of daily active users.
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment patterns.
- Experience supporting the applications you have built
About Bright Health
Here’s the great thing about building a health plan from the ground up. We get to ask "why" at every turn – and make every decision a thoughtful one. But we’re different than other new health insurance companies because we come from big places. Our leaders have decades of experience working in health insurance and are committed to improving the customer experience. They started Bright Health because they know what to do and, more importantly, what not to do when creating a system that will actually work in your favor. Bright Health believes healthcare can be done better. Our carefully selected network: When we sat down to design Bright Health plans, we were thinking about relationships – the one between you and your doctor, and also the one between us and your doctor. Then we set out to create purposeful partnerships with caring providers. We call them our Care Partner. Our tight-knit network gives you access to a community of compassionate providers who are working together with us and with each other to help you live Brighter. Our commitment to service: When you need care, you want someone familiar who can help you, someone who actually feels good to interact with. And in-between visits to the doctor, you want someone who will help you thrive. So with any Bright Health plan, you get us, your Bright Health Team. We’re here, ready to help. No matter if your question is “Can I see this doctor?” or “How much is covered?” it’s easy to reach a real person who can get you the right answers and help you find the right care. There, that’s better. Our Whole Health Rewards: Keeping good health extends far beyond how many steps you take, what your BMI is, or what kind of food you eat. Don’t get us wrong, those things certainly contribute to your well-being but there’s a whole lot more to the picture. We provide opportunities for you to earn $$ throughout the year for making good decisions that lead to a Brighter life. When you and your health plan both want what’s best for you – it makes staying well a whole lot easier.