Director, Market Development
Bright Health, New York, NY
WE’RE NEW, BUT WE’RE NOT NEW AT THIS.
- Lead Market Development in selected territories from Care Partner identification and diligence to deal execution, comprehensive network development, and handoff coordination across numerous teams to establish a market ready for product launch
- Conduct market and health system diligence, including quantitative and qualitative inputs, to drive Care Partner and market selection
- Identify optimal market entry strategy including engaging with our Network Strategy team to develop a comprehensive network strategy and support in overseeing the execution of that strategy
- Develop new health system, provider group, and other care delivery organization relationships by consultatively selling Bright’s unique value proposition
- Formalize Care Partner relationships by driving Care Partner contracting, negotiating rates & value-based payments, and developing other legal documentation
- Plan and initiate market and Care Partner implementation in coordination with the Market Success team
- Facilitate subsequent handoff to the Market Leadership team
- Manage and mature national/multi-region partnerships
- Support efforts to identify, evaluate, and cultivate relationships with other care delivery organizations
- Serve as the Market Development subject matter expert for local market leaders as they renegotiate contract renewals and develop smaller markets
- Present opportunities to improve the Market Development process, including market and partner-specific theses
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- This position will have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field is required, advanced degree preferred
- Seven (7) or more years of experience working in a leadership capacity in the healthcare industry is required
- Experience working with payers and/or health system managed care and familiarity with healthcare provider reimbursement structures / fee schedules a plus
- Negotiating complex contracts including but not limited to network participation agreements, fee for service rates, or value-based agreements highly preferred
- Proven business development and partnership cultivation experience in healthcare industry, including experience with contract negotiations
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage multiple relationships over long deal cycles
- Familiarity with healthcare provider reimbursement structures / fee schedules a plus
- Demonstrates high levels of EQ and aligns with Bright Health values
- Mission driven and motivated to work in an organization that will transform the patient experience and the health plan landscape
About Bright Health
Here’s the great thing about building a health plan from the ground up. We get to ask "why" at every turn – and make every decision a thoughtful one. But we’re different than other new health insurance companies because we come from big places. Our leaders have decades of experience working in health insurance and are committed to improving the customer experience. They started Bright Health because they know what to do and, more importantly, what not to do when creating a system that will actually work in your favor. Bright Health believes healthcare can be done better. Our carefully selected network: When we sat down to design Bright Health plans, we were thinking about relationships – the one between you and your doctor, and also the one between us and your doctor. Then we set out to create purposeful partnerships with caring providers. We call them our Care Partner. Our tight-knit network gives you access to a community of compassionate providers who are working together with us and with each other to help you live Brighter. Our commitment to service: When you need care, you want someone familiar who can help you, someone who actually feels good to interact with. And in-between visits to the doctor, you want someone who will help you thrive. So with any Bright Health plan, you get us, your Bright Health Team. We’re here, ready to help. No matter if your question is “Can I see this doctor?” or “How much is covered?” it’s easy to reach a real person who can get you the right answers and help you find the right care. There, that’s better. Our Whole Health Rewards: Keeping good health extends far beyond how many steps you take, what your BMI is, or what kind of food you eat. Don’t get us wrong, those things certainly contribute to your well-being but there’s a whole lot more to the picture. We provide opportunities for you to earn $$ throughout the year for making good decisions that lead to a Brighter life. When you and your health plan both want what’s best for you – it makes staying well a whole lot easier.
Want to learn more about Bright Health? Visit Bright Health's website.
Jobs You May Like