Sr. Software Engineer - Data Platform
Bright Health, Austin, TX
WE’RE NEW, BUT WE’RE NOT NEW AT THIS.
- Write traditional code and server-less functions using the language best suited for the task, which typically include C#, T-SQL and PowerShell.
- Apply Cloud and Object Oriented design and resiliency patterns.
- Build APIs and data microservices to share our data with internal and external partners, and write interfaces to public data sets to enrich our analytics data stores.
- Participate in building and owning a culture of DevOps and Quality Assurance.
- Continuously document your code, framework standards, and team processes.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Five (5) or more years of experience in an enterprise or commercial software development environment. Healthcare IT background is highly preferred.
- Extensive experience developing data-intensive solutions in a Cloud environment.
- Enterprise development experience coding in at least one, but preferably more than one, procedural/OO language, including C#, Java, Python, PowerShell.
- Enterprise experience developing solutions that use event sourcing and/or Big Data architectures.
- MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE US WITHOUT VISA SPONSORSHIP
- Team player who is not afraid to ask questions, take risks, share in owning team victories as well as team failures
- Good communicator – both written and verbal – with high emotional intelligence
- Ability to focus on MVP and shipping software while remaining cognizant of the long-term costs of technical debt
About Bright Health
Here’s the great thing about building a health plan from the ground up. We get to ask "why" at every turn – and make every decision a thoughtful one. But we’re different than other new health insurance companies because we come from big places. Our leaders have decades of experience working in health insurance and are committed to improving the customer experience. They started Bright Health because they know what to do and, more importantly, what not to do when creating a system that will actually work in your favor. Bright Health believes healthcare can be done better. Our carefully selected network: When we sat down to design Bright Health plans, we were thinking about relationships – the one between you and your doctor, and also the one between us and your doctor. Then we set out to create purposeful partnerships with caring providers. We call them our Care Partner. Our tight-knit network gives you access to a community of compassionate providers who are working together with us and with each other to help you live Brighter. Our commitment to service: When you need care, you want someone familiar who can help you, someone who actually feels good to interact with. And in-between visits to the doctor, you want someone who will help you thrive. So with any Bright Health plan, you get us, your Bright Health Team. We’re here, ready to help. No matter if your question is “Can I see this doctor?” or “How much is covered?” it’s easy to reach a real person who can get you the right answers and help you find the right care. There, that’s better. Our Whole Health Rewards: Keeping good health extends far beyond how many steps you take, what your BMI is, or what kind of food you eat. Don’t get us wrong, those things certainly contribute to your well-being but there’s a whole lot more to the picture. We provide opportunities for you to earn $$ throughout the year for making good decisions that lead to a Brighter life. When you and your health plan both want what’s best for you – it makes staying well a whole lot easier.
Want to learn more about Bright Health? Visit Bright Health's website.
Beautiful event websites