Sr. Manager, Reporting & Analytics - Network Performance
Bright Health, New York, NY
WE’RE NEW, BUT WE’RE NOT NEW AT THIS.
- Own development of health system contracting best practices and oversight from start-to-finish, including but not limited to process oversight, strategic diligence, outreach, and contract negotiation and execution.
- Train and manage a high performing direct and indirect team to advance new and existing health system contractual relationships.
- Analyze proposed contractual payment terms and understand the financial impact to Bright. Develop innovative reimbursement methodology to support the overall goals of the organization.
- Develops and enhances existing corporate metrics to gauge individual and department performance
- Manage ongoing network participant participation and performance, including performance analytics and management as well as contract renewals and terminations
- Coordinate with value based team to implement alternative payment models
- Lead new market health system contracting efforts alongside our Care Partner’s managed care leadership, our Market Development team, and cross-functionally across the Network team. 5%
- Develop and enhance Bright portfolio of strategic national, multi-regional, and local health system partnerships to compliment local network development efforts.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, economics, decision science or a related field is required
- Seven (7) or more years of experience, with at least five (5) years of experience in analytics, network management, or reimbursement model design, is required
- Three (3) or more years experience with leading and managing a team of analysts
- Six Sigma, data mining (SQL, Tableau or related competencies)
- Experience with successfully executing and implementing payer-provider contracts or partnerships is required
- Desire and ability to move quickly between strategic leadership, tactical execution, and managing analytics
- Ability to effectively engage providers, ranging from national providers to regional integrated delivery systems to local physician practices
- Strong analytic skills and proven data mining experience
- Strong organizational design capabilities with the ability to creatively and strategically structure complex problems
- Strong teaching and mentorship capabilities to support team members’ personal and professional development
- Bias toward action; sense of urgency, self-initiative, and ownership of work
- Superb written and verbal communication skills with an ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external executive leadership
About Bright Health
Here’s the great thing about building a health plan from the ground up. We get to ask "why" at every turn – and make every decision a thoughtful one. But we’re different than other new health insurance companies because we come from big places. Our leaders have decades of experience working in health insurance and are committed to improving the customer experience. They started Bright Health because they know what to do and, more importantly, what not to do when creating a system that will actually work in your favor. Bright Health believes healthcare can be done better. Our carefully selected network: When we sat down to design Bright Health plans, we were thinking about relationships – the one between you and your doctor, and also the one between us and your doctor. Then we set out to create purposeful partnerships with caring providers. We call them our Care Partner. Our tight-knit network gives you access to a community of compassionate providers who are working together with us and with each other to help you live Brighter. Our commitment to service: When you need care, you want someone familiar who can help you, someone who actually feels good to interact with. And in-between visits to the doctor, you want someone who will help you thrive. So with any Bright Health plan, you get us, your Bright Health Team. We’re here, ready to help. No matter if your question is “Can I see this doctor?” or “How much is covered?” it’s easy to reach a real person who can get you the right answers and help you find the right care. There, that’s better. Our Whole Health Rewards: Keeping good health extends far beyond how many steps you take, what your BMI is, or what kind of food you eat. Don’t get us wrong, those things certainly contribute to your well-being but there’s a whole lot more to the picture. We provide opportunities for you to earn $$ throughout the year for making good decisions that lead to a Brighter life. When you and your health plan both want what’s best for you – it makes staying well a whole lot easier.