Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN
WE’RE NEW, BUT WE’RE NOT NEW AT THIS.
- Support the Actuarial team on all project work related to complex trends while also interfacing with internal and external stakeholders
- Support Actuarial team during IFP and Sm Grp rate filing development, interfacing with internal Bright team and external consulting actuaries
- Support Finance team in the development of forecasting models, projections and relevant information to inform C-Level business decisions
- Support the team through modeling, market analysis and experience to determine company growth initiatives; support the team by conducting research and data analysis, and with informed profitable cohorts and renewal targets
- Pull and populate the monthly reserve triangles for all medical products and work alongside the Line of Business Actuary to set final reserves
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis using SQL, SAS, Excel, and Tableau
- Work with consulting actuaries on product pricing and various other analysis
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required in Math, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or a related field
- Six (6) months to two (2) years of actuarial experience and currently pursuing the ASA designation is preferred.
- Experience working with health care data and/or modeling work on commercial ACA products is desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Office products
- Experience with SQL and/or SAS
- Working knowledge of healthcare pricing process for commercial products
- Understanding of company practices related to management of member populations for purposes of estimating risk
- Produce, understand, and interpret internal and external analysis and reports; provide effective technical and non-technical support to internal and external stakeholders
About Bright Health
Here’s the great thing about building a health plan from the ground up. We get to ask "why" at every turn – and make every decision a thoughtful one. But we’re different than other new health insurance companies because we come from big places. Our leaders have decades of experience working in health insurance and are committed to improving the customer experience. They started Bright Health because they know what to do and, more importantly, what not to do when creating a system that will actually work in your favor. Bright Health believes healthcare can be done better. Our carefully selected network: When we sat down to design Bright Health plans, we were thinking about relationships – the one between you and your doctor, and also the one between us and your doctor. Then we set out to create purposeful partnerships with caring providers. We call them our Care Partner. Our tight-knit network gives you access to a community of compassionate providers who are working together with us and with each other to help you live Brighter. Our commitment to service: When you need care, you want someone familiar who can help you, someone who actually feels good to interact with. And in-between visits to the doctor, you want someone who will help you thrive. So with any Bright Health plan, you get us, your Bright Health Team. We’re here, ready to help. No matter if your question is “Can I see this doctor?” or “How much is covered?” it’s easy to reach a real person who can get you the right answers and help you find the right care. There, that’s better. Our Whole Health Rewards: Keeping good health extends far beyond how many steps you take, what your BMI is, or what kind of food you eat. Don’t get us wrong, those things certainly contribute to your well-being but there’s a whole lot more to the picture. We provide opportunities for you to earn $$ throughout the year for making good decisions that lead to a Brighter life. When you and your health plan both want what’s best for you – it makes staying well a whole lot easier.
Want to learn more about Bright Health? Visit Bright Health's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.