Senior Attorney, Bright Health Care
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN
WE’RE NEW, BUT WE’RE NOT NEW AT THIS.
- Must be capable of immediately and independently stepping into an advisory role with senior leadership.
- Provide legal and regulatory guidance to the company to assist with the business strategy.
- Maintain subject matter expertise regarding applicable state and federal law and regulations applicable to Bright Health Care’s businesses – medical practices, MSOs, value based care, government programs and other third party clients, and networks.
- Assist compliance professionals with the Bright Health Care compliance program
- Assess and mitigate Risk.
- Work with other Bright Health segments regarding significant matters that cut across organization.
- Keep abreast of legislative and regulatory changes
- Draft and negotiate network and vendor agreements that minimize risk and maximize business goals.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctor required.
- Seven - ten (7–10) years of experience practicing law, preferably specializing in healthcare for most of that time.
- Experience in legal support for medical practices and other provider groups, MSOs, and value based care preferred.
- Experience with Stark and antikickback law, HIPAA and other data privacy laws, and government contracting preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proficiency with health law and the application of federal and state regulations to the operations of the types of businesses managed by Bright Health Care.
- Exceptional track record of navigating legal matters within organizations.
- Experience with health care enforcement and compliance matters.
- Collaborative problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Active, unrestricted license to practice law in at least one jurisdiction.
About Bright Health
Here’s the great thing about building a health plan from the ground up. We get to ask "why" at every turn – and make every decision a thoughtful one. But we’re different than other new health insurance companies because we come from big places. Our leaders have decades of experience working in health insurance and are committed to improving the customer experience. They started Bright Health because they know what to do and, more importantly, what not to do when creating a system that will actually work in your favor. Bright Health believes healthcare can be done better. Our carefully selected network: When we sat down to design Bright Health plans, we were thinking about relationships – the one between you and your doctor, and also the one between us and your doctor. Then we set out to create purposeful partnerships with caring providers. We call them our Care Partner. Our tight-knit network gives you access to a community of compassionate providers who are working together with us and with each other to help you live Brighter. Our commitment to service: When you need care, you want someone familiar who can help you, someone who actually feels good to interact with. And in-between visits to the doctor, you want someone who will help you thrive. So with any Bright Health plan, you get us, your Bright Health Team. We’re here, ready to help. No matter if your question is “Can I see this doctor?” or “How much is covered?” it’s easy to reach a real person who can get you the right answers and help you find the right care. There, that’s better. Our Whole Health Rewards: Keeping good health extends far beyond how many steps you take, what your BMI is, or what kind of food you eat. Don’t get us wrong, those things certainly contribute to your well-being but there’s a whole lot more to the picture. We provide opportunities for you to earn $$ throughout the year for making good decisions that lead to a Brighter life. When you and your health plan both want what’s best for you – it makes staying well a whole lot easier.
Want to learn more about Bright Health? Visit Bright Health's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.