Software Engineer, Mobile
Bright Health, Austin, TX
WE’RE NEW, BUT WE’RE NOT NEW AT THIS.
- Collaborate directly with product managers, UX researchers, and designers to define and implement solutions for our digital properties.
- Contribute up and down the product stack (frontend + some backend) as needed to deliver the best user experience.
- Contribute across the complete development lifecycle, including technical design, work estimation, implementation of new features, and addressing feedback or bugs.
- Lead and contribute to continually improve the team's productivity, culture, and code quality.
- Peer review team member's code and provide constructive feedback to improve quality.
- Create documentation and processes as needed to improve team productivity and transparency.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- 2 to 8 years in mobile development in a mature software organization
- At least two years of experience with either iOS or Android native development
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
- Experience building cloud-based applications using services like Azure or AWS
- Experience scaling applications from prototype to tens of thousands of daily active users
- Experience implementing Continuous Deployment processes and systems
- Experience supporting the applications you have built
- You have a growth mindset and help to lift others up
- You employ sound engineering principles in your day-to-day work
- You take pride in your work
- You love learning, and you love teaching
- You enjoy wearing multiple hats depending on what is required to deliver the best end-user experience
- You are self-organized and manage time and resources well
- You can work independently, but also communicate within a team
About Bright Health
Here’s the great thing about building a health plan from the ground up. We get to ask "why" at every turn – and make every decision a thoughtful one. But we’re different than other new health insurance companies because we come from big places. Our leaders have decades of experience working in health insurance and are committed to improving the customer experience. They started Bright Health because they know what to do and, more importantly, what not to do when creating a system that will actually work in your favor. Bright Health believes healthcare can be done better. Our carefully selected network: When we sat down to design Bright Health plans, we were thinking about relationships – the one between you and your doctor, and also the one between us and your doctor. Then we set out to create purposeful partnerships with caring providers. We call them our Care Partner. Our tight-knit network gives you access to a community of compassionate providers who are working together with us and with each other to help you live Brighter. Our commitment to service: When you need care, you want someone familiar who can help you, someone who actually feels good to interact with. And in-between visits to the doctor, you want someone who will help you thrive. So with any Bright Health plan, you get us, your Bright Health Team. We’re here, ready to help. No matter if your question is “Can I see this doctor?” or “How much is covered?” it’s easy to reach a real person who can get you the right answers and help you find the right care. There, that’s better. Our Whole Health Rewards: Keeping good health extends far beyond how many steps you take, what your BMI is, or what kind of food you eat. Don’t get us wrong, those things certainly contribute to your well-being but there’s a whole lot more to the picture. We provide opportunities for you to earn $$ throughout the year for making good decisions that lead to a Brighter life. When you and your health plan both want what’s best for you – it makes staying well a whole lot easier.
Want to learn more about Bright Health? Visit Bright Health's website.
See jobs at Bluecore