Senior Director, Tax
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN
WE’RE NEW, BUT WE’RE NOT NEW AT THIS.
- Lead the company-wide tax function that currently does business in more than 12 states.
- Build and develop necessary team structure, systems, policies and procedures to ensure tax transparency, efficiencies and regulatory compliance with the appropriate level of internal controls, to a SOX 404 standard.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely filing of all federal, state and local tax reporting.
- Maintain current knowledge of and provide organizational expertise for tax laws and regulations to ensure proper tax planning, compliance and reporting.
- Oversee the preparation and review of the quarterly current and deferred tax provision calculations under ASC 740, tax-related account reconciliations, return-to-provision analyses, and tax footnote and disclosures for quarterly and annual filings.
- Direct, coordinate and implement tax planning strategies and execute the necessary research that enables maximum corporate tax benefits and mitigates tax expense or compliance burdens.
- Develop tax forecasts and cash tax targets in partnership with FP&A to allow for tax planning and long-range projections of effective tax rates and other critical tax indicators.
- Collaborate with and provide tax advice to finance, legal and compliance surrounding any changes in legal entity structure and the formation of or changes to inter-company contracts to ensure all tax considerations are incorporated.
- Provide tax counsel surrounding any proposed or actual M&A activities.
- Monitor and communicate to management any changes in tax laws or regulations and other developments that may materially impact the company’s tax position/obligations.
- Represent the organization surrounding all federal, state and other tax accounting and regulatory inquiries/requests.
- Manage external tax auditor relationship.
- Manage outside tax consultants and advisors.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required
- Masters of Business Taxation a plus
- Ten (10)+ years of relevant corporate tax experience with demonstrated progression of increasing scope of responsibilities in a public company required
- Big 4 experience preferred
- Extensive federal and state tax experience required
- Healthcare and regulated industry experience preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving and research skills.
- Strong technical knowledge of federal tax laws, U.S. GAAP accounting, legal entity/inter-company structure complexities and other technical tax issues.
- Robust competencies around tax forecasting and planning strategies.
- Experience leading across a matrixed environment and building strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience evaluating new or emerging tax trends and transferring knowledge to key stakeholders.
- Experience in M&A space, particularly providing tax counsel in complex acquisition and restructuring deals.
- Significant exposure to SOX 404 environment and other internal control rigors of a public company.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and respond to the changing needs of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, with proven ability to present and explain complex information to diverse audiences.
- Prior experience hiring and developing staff.
- Preferred knowledge of regulatory environment in healthcare as it relates to tax laws and compliance.
LICENSURES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- CPA license required
About Bright Health
Here’s the great thing about building a health plan from the ground up. We get to ask "why" at every turn – and make every decision a thoughtful one. But we’re different than other new health insurance companies because we come from big places. Our leaders have decades of experience working in health insurance and are committed to improving the customer experience. They started Bright Health because they know what to do and, more importantly, what not to do when creating a system that will actually work in your favor. Bright Health believes healthcare can be done better. Our carefully selected network: When we sat down to design Bright Health plans, we were thinking about relationships – the one between you and your doctor, and also the one between us and your doctor. Then we set out to create purposeful partnerships with caring providers. We call them our Care Partner. Our tight-knit network gives you access to a community of compassionate providers who are working together with us and with each other to help you live Brighter. Our commitment to service: When you need care, you want someone familiar who can help you, someone who actually feels good to interact with. And in-between visits to the doctor, you want someone who will help you thrive. So with any Bright Health plan, you get us, your Bright Health Team. We’re here, ready to help. No matter if your question is “Can I see this doctor?” or “How much is covered?” it’s easy to reach a real person who can get you the right answers and help you find the right care. There, that’s better. Our Whole Health Rewards: Keeping good health extends far beyond how many steps you take, what your BMI is, or what kind of food you eat. Don’t get us wrong, those things certainly contribute to your well-being but there’s a whole lot more to the picture. We provide opportunities for you to earn $$ throughout the year for making good decisions that lead to a Brighter life. When you and your health plan both want what’s best for you – it makes staying well a whole lot easier.
Want to learn more about Bright Health? Visit Bright Health's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Financial Analyst
Lucid, New Orleans