Medical Records Coordinator
Bright Health, Minneapolis, MN
WE’RE NEW, BUT WE’RE NOT NEW AT THIS.
- Facilitate medical record retrieval efforts from Bright Health Care Partners to support HEDIS, RISK and other HIM related projects
- Work collaboratively with the provider relations and in-market clinical team to cultivate positive relationships with Care Partners and providers to gain access to EMR systems and collect medical records
- Coordinate medical record retrieval requests and invoicing process with vendor partners
- Maintain internal medical records repository to ensure accurate and timely record uploads, compliance with processes to protect PHI, and effective track of records and record requests
- Attend meetings, trainings and other gatherings as required.
- Track medical record request outreach and success, documenting accordingly
- Contribute to the ongoing growth and development of the HIM function at Bright
- Develop, maintain and adhere to applicable policies and procedures
- Subject Matter Expert in all aspects of health information management, including HIPAA compliance for medical records
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in health information management or alternate health care field required
- Two (2) or more years of experience in health care, preferably in a managed care organization required
- Prefer advanced certification in health information management, such as RHIA, RHIT, etc.
- Two (2) or more years of medical record experience, ideally in a managed care organization, including experience with one or more major electronic medical records systems, required
- Experience with Epic EMR systems preferred
- Prefer experience with HEDIS, Risk and/or RADV projects
- Requires exceptional customer service skills (in person and telephonic)
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft products, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
- Requires advanced understanding of federal and state specific privacy laws
- The majority of work responsibilities are performed in an open office setting, carrying out detailed work sitting at a desk/table and working on the computer.
- Frequent travel within market of responsibility is required. Travel outside market or responsibility will be limited.
About Bright Health
Here’s the great thing about building a health plan from the ground up. We get to ask "why" at every turn – and make every decision a thoughtful one. But we’re different than other new health insurance companies because we come from big places. Our leaders have decades of experience working in health insurance and are committed to improving the customer experience. They started Bright Health because they know what to do and, more importantly, what not to do when creating a system that will actually work in your favor. Bright Health believes healthcare can be done better. Our carefully selected network: When we sat down to design Bright Health plans, we were thinking about relationships – the one between you and your doctor, and also the one between us and your doctor. Then we set out to create purposeful partnerships with caring providers. We call them our Care Partner. Our tight-knit network gives you access to a community of compassionate providers who are working together with us and with each other to help you live Brighter. Our commitment to service: When you need care, you want someone familiar who can help you, someone who actually feels good to interact with. And in-between visits to the doctor, you want someone who will help you thrive. So with any Bright Health plan, you get us, your Bright Health Team. We’re here, ready to help. No matter if your question is “Can I see this doctor?” or “How much is covered?” it’s easy to reach a real person who can get you the right answers and help you find the right care. There, that’s better. Our Whole Health Rewards: Keeping good health extends far beyond how many steps you take, what your BMI is, or what kind of food you eat. Don’t get us wrong, those things certainly contribute to your well-being but there’s a whole lot more to the picture. We provide opportunities for you to earn $$ throughout the year for making good decisions that lead to a Brighter life. When you and your health plan both want what’s best for you – it makes staying well a whole lot easier.
Want to learn more about Bright Health? Visit Bright Health's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Jobs You May Like
Data Analytics Visualization Architect - Qlik Sense and N-Prin...
Accenture, Multiple Locations, USA