Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are passionate about online video, and day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways in broadcasting, publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, nearly 5,500 of them in 70 countries.
Brightcove’s Research is a team of highly motivated, fast-paced, and highly skilled researchers with expertise in video compression, video processing, and video delivery systems. We develop highly innovative, state of the art technologies for use in future Brightcove products. Our work also results in contributions to relevant standards and industry organizations (ISO/IEC/MPEG, JVET, SMPTE, DASH-IF, UHDF, CTA WAVE, etc.), patent applications, and publications in peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Research, design, and implement innovative video pre-processing techniques for improved efficiency of video encoding. These may include noise reduction, grain detection and shaping, perceptual pre-filtering, etc.
- Research, design, and implement innovative encoder-level optimization techniques (rate control, optimized quantization, mode decisions, etc.)
- Research, design, and implement innovative coding techniques for future video codecs, such as VVC and its extensions.
- Conduct subjective quality assessment tests, and/or automated tests using properly selected objective metrics and comparison process
- Assist with transition of validated technologies from research to production
- Document and present the new algorithms and implementations in various forms, such as standards contributions, publications, technical white papers, patent applications, etc.
- PhD or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
- 10+ years of progressive experience in the design and optimizations of video or image coding and processing algorithms, as demonstrated by track record of industrial contributions and/or publications in peer-reviewed conferences and journals
- In-depth knowledge of existing video coding algorithms (H.264, HEVC, VVC, VP8, AV1, etc.) and their fundamental building blocks (transforms, quantizers, ME/MC techniques, in-loop filters, rate control, HRD models, etc.)
- Experience working with existing codec implementations (MPEG & ITU-T test models, x264, x265, SVT-HEVC, MainConcept SDKs, etc.)
- Experience working with stream analyzers (Elecard StreamEye, Sencore CMA 1280, etc.)
- Understanding of color science and color processing as used in modern SDR and HDR systems
- Understanding of fundamentals of human vision and models useful for image and video coding (spatial- and temporal contrast sensitivity, masking, saliency models, etc.)
- Familiarity with subjective quality assessment methodologies (ITU-R BT.500, BT.710, BT.2022) and experience in conducting subjective tests
- Familiarity with existing objective quality metrics and tools for quality analysis (PSNR, SSIM, SSIM+, VDP, Tektronix PQA, VideoClarity, etc.)
- Experience using MATLAB, Mathematica, or other scientific programming languages and tools
- Experience in C/C++ programming and using related software development tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Expertise in statistical data analysis and machine learning is a plus
- Expertise in areas of computer vision (detection, tracking, structure from motion, etc.) is a plus
- Experience in SIMD (SSE, AVX, AVX2) and/or GPU (Cuda, OpenCV) programming is a plus
- Experience in distributed programming and using cloud platforms (AWS, Google Compute, etc.) is a plus
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, medical and dental insurance plans, and tuition reimbursement.
This role is open to our Boston, Scottsdale, Seattle, or London offices. Relocation or work from other locations will be considered for the right candidate.
If you’ve gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don’t hesitate to apply, even if you don’t meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
We are a pioneering force in the world of online video and have been since our founding in 2004. We continue to push the limits because we believe in video’s unmatched power to educate, inspire, entertain, and communicate. VIDEO MOVES US We are passionate about online video! Day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways, whether that’s in broadcasting or publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, thousands of them in 70 countries.
Want to learn more about Brightcove? Visit Brightcove's website.
Jobs You May Like
Front Lines Associate
General Assembly, Melbourne
Technical Program Manager, Hardware, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft, San Francisco
Senior Front End Software Engineer, Auto - Culver City, CA
Credit Karma, Culver City, CA
Senior Sales Engineer, Latin America
Qualtrics, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Staff SW Engineer - DaaS Integration and Management (REF1927E)
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US
Director of Technology
Work Rails, Inc., Huntington NY, US