Brightcove is revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video experiences. We are passionate about online video, and day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways, whether that’s in broadcasting or publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, nearly 5,500 of them in 70 countries.
Brightcove’s engineering team is built on small, collaborative, self-running teams, where everyone has an equal voice and decisions are made analytically. We encourage lightweight development processes that balance craftsmanship with execution. We strive to build engaging products with a rich user experience to meet the needs of and delight our customers. We look for people who have a strong interest in working on products for which UI, and overall UX, is a big component and focus. If you are bright, enthusiastic about development, creative, passionate, curious and eager to contribute we want to hear from you!
- Develop and deploy web-based user interfaces
- Provide operational support for Brightcove applications
- Work in an agile environment with a team of engineers to create products and services, and enhance existing solutions and workflows
- Develop clean, high-quality code and automated tests to verify its operation
- Experience working with React or Vue
- Demonstrable experience developing and deploying scalable web-based applications
- Familiarity with Linux, basic SaaS security, REST, and API design
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other software engineers, user experience designers, and product/program managers
- Ability to set and maintain high standards of quality and customer value
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment infrastructure for web applications and services is a plus
- Experience with scalable backend services a plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies a plus
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and generous benefits regarding insurance and paid time off.
Brightcove is headquartered in Boston and this role is located in our Guadalajara office which is located in Puerta de Hierro, part of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara. The office has an open yet focused working space layout and employees enjoy access to stocked kitchens with daily catered lunches and social activities that celebrate a variety of personal interests.
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
**Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.**
We are a pioneering force in the world of online video and have been since our founding in 2004. We continue to push the limits because we believe in video’s unmatched power to educate, inspire, entertain, and communicate. VIDEO MOVES US We are passionate about online video! Day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways, whether that’s in broadcasting or publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, thousands of them in 70 countries.