Do you want to be a part of shaping the future of internet video on mobile phones, desktops, connected TVs and gaming consoles?
Who we are:
Brightcove is the leading online video platform used by many of the world’s largest media companies including Viacom, BBC Worldwide, Channel 4, and British Telecom.
Our platform is used by over 5,500 customers in 70 countries worldwide. Every day over a quarter millennium's (250 years) worth of video is viewed by end users around the globe. These video streams generate 1.6 billion events daily, which are collected, summarized and analyzed by Brightcove’s analytics platform.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about media and can take leadership in interacting with publishers and content owners on a technical level. The candidate must be highly motivated, extremely organized, team-oriented, creative, and possess outstanding communication skills.
The role will consist of providing customers and sales reps with highly scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business needs and accelerate the adoption of Brightcove services. You will be asked to maintain working knowledge of engineering and complex aspects of our products; answer complex questions on function and usage; and solve sales support problems. You will help customers understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions and how to migrate existing workloads to the Brightcove platform. You’ll also prepare and perform detailed product demonstrations and product prototypes for prospects; and may provide installation support and post-sales consulting. We’re seeking candidates who are able to work proficiently under general supervision on product driven sales opportunities.
What you will do here:
- Take full responsibility for the technical aspects of the sales cycle including general evangelism, introductory meetings, supporting bid responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional supporting technical resources. Identify and handle key customer technical objections, prescriptively guiding them to success.
- Help customers shape and execute the business strategies
- Work with customers to understand their specific needs and translate internally into product feedback
- Work with senior leadership at clients and within Brightcove to make sure client needs are met.
- Develop technical solutions for client-specific use cases.
- Continuously develop relationships at the "implementation" level within each customer relationship.
- Work closely with the Brightcove Global Services team to provide enhancements and custom solutions to clients.
- Work closely with product development to maintain the feedback loop from customers.
- Work closely with the corporate customer support team to share learning across key customer accounts.
- Travel when necessary to meet customers - must be willing to be on the road often.
What you will bring here:
- 5+ years experience in a Technical Sales role, or an implementation or technical Digital Media role.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task across a wide range of tasks and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to present to technical audiences and be able to handle objections on the fly.
- An ability to listen to customer needs, assess these needs effectively and address them through new product and service offerings.
- A proven track record delivering on or exceeding goals.
- Experience with at least one server-side language (PHP, Python, Java, etc.) strongly preferred
- Any experience with native mobile app development a plus
- Hands-on approach to tackling tactical as well as strategic work.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience developing technical solutions.
- Experience working with OVP and Mobile solutions preferred.
- Experience in streaming media or video space preferred.
- A B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred
Why Join Us?
Working at Brightcove affords you unparalleled access to scale, distribution and operational maturity while maintaining a small, agile and entrepreneurial culture. We recruit and retain highly qualified and motivated individuals, create an environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success.
- The office is conveniently located near Holborn Station for the Central and Picadilly Lines.
We are a pioneering force in the world of online video and have been since our founding in 2004. We continue to push the limits because we believe in video’s unmatched power to educate, inspire, entertain, and communicate. VIDEO MOVES US We are passionate about online video! Day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways, whether that’s in broadcasting or publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, thousands of them in 70 countries.
Want to learn more about Brightcove? Visit Brightcove's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure
Software Engineer - Microservices
Zoox, Foster City, CA
Front End Web Developer
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
SteelHouse, Culver City (HQ)
Senior Software Engineer - GPU and CUDA
Shield AI, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Manager / Senior Manager, Project Management and Operational Excellence
Bluebird Bio, Durham, NC USA