Are you passionate about working directly with customers and immediately impacting their success? We are looking for an exceptional person to join our Customer Support team in providing efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure complete customer satisfaction for our growing customer base of online video publishers. The ideal candidate is a dedicated problem solver, passionate about rich media technologies, and a proven customer advocate. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated with strong technical experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills and high enthusiasm for customer success.
Responsibilities will include working directly with customers via phone and email to respond to technical issues, providing escalated technical and triage support for other team members, and actively contribute to our online community and knowledge database for up-to-date customer information and solutions. This individual will also work closely with our Engineering, Product Management and QA teams to increase customer satisfaction by providing critical feedback and assistance for product enhancements.
As a member of Customer Support, the candidate will be part of a Global team interacting closely with Support offices in the US, Europe, Australia, Korea, and Japan, as well as with customers around the world. Working for Brightcove will give you a unique opportunity to join a fast growing company and play an integral role building products and online services that promise to transform the media industry and change the way people all over the world watch video.
Qualifications and Required Experience
- Fluent in Japanese
- English reading, writing, and speaking skills
- College degree (CS degree preferred)
- 3+ years work experience in online technical problem solving
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer focus
- Proven analytical / problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage initiatives to completion.
- Proven ability to work with the team to quickly and calmly resolve technical issues.
- Solid understanding of internet technologies including browsers, networking, firewalls & proxy servers
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Required to be flexible, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multitask.
- On-call availability
- Flexible schedule, including evening, weekends and a rotating on-call shift
- Strong technology background with a comprehensive knowledge of iOS and Android native applications and network based products
- Familiarity and working knowledge with Objective-C and/or Java and API developer support experience
- Familiarity and working knowledge with rich media applications
- Meaningful experience with online video and of video encoding applications is a plus
- Exposure and working knowledge in at least one other programming language including PHP, or .Net is a plus.
This person is based in Tokyo.
We are a pioneering force in the world of online video and have been since our founding in 2004. We continue to push the limits because we believe in video’s unmatched power to educate, inspire, entertain, and communicate. VIDEO MOVES US We are passionate about online video! Day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways, whether that’s in broadcasting or publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, thousands of them in 70 countries.