Brightcove is the global leader in providing online video to Media and Digital Marketing organizations. Our global services team, BGS, builds highly scalable and complex solutions on our platform for some of the best known media companies in the world and we're expanding. If you have a great Android development background, a passion for online video, a keen sense of creativity and a willingness to work with our clients to build awesome experiences, we'd love to talk.
Brightcove’s global services team designs and develops custom video-centric Web and mobile solutions for a variety of customers across the globe. Our mission is to offer designs that enhance the video experience and to utilize the latest technologies to build purposeful products that push boundaries. Our solutions often involve multiple products and services including Brightcove cloud-based services, Content Management System (CMS), Digital Right Management (DRM), Analytics, Advertising, subscription and monetization engines. We like to hire smart engineers with a passion to solve complex and interesting problems and to learn and utilize new technologies.
Our mobile team is looking for a smart and talented Android developer. This position will design, develop and integrate native Android apps (tablet, smartphones, and Android TV) that are centered on video delivery and are integrated with various monetization, analytics, DRM, CMS and Advertising engines. We have built a number of video-centric apps similar to Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, etc. and we have more to build!
- Minimum five years of experience in and development of solutions for Web and/or Mobile platforms
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in design, development and enhancement of native Android apps using Android SDK, with at least one published app
- Expert-level knowledge of Java and Android SDK (Kotlin a plus)
- Knowledge of UI frameworks, MVC and reactive, touch-based UI
- Solid exposure to unit testing and continuous integration
- Experience with JSON/XML and interfacing with server-side API’s, e.g. REST and GraphQL
- Strong foundation in computer science, with competencies in data structures, algorithms, concurrency, object-oriented software design patterns and software optimized for embedded systems (storage and latency)
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in multimedia and/or video streaming a plus
- Prior experience in integration with CDN, DRM, analytics, media advertising and payment systems a plus
We offer a fun work environment, competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement. The role is based in our Boston office right on Fort Point Channel, with a fully stocked kitchen, ping pong and foosball tables. We also offer unlimited vacation.
We are a pioneering force in the world of online video and have been since our founding in 2004. We continue to push the limits because we believe in video’s unmatched power to educate, inspire, entertain, and communicate. VIDEO MOVES US We are passionate about online video! Day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways, whether that’s in broadcasting or publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, thousands of them in 70 countries.