Brightcove is a team of smart, passionate people who are revolutionizing the way organizations deliver video. We’re hyped up about storytelling, and about helping people connect, share experiences, and view the world. Bottom line: video has the power to inform, inspire, challenge, amuse, and connect. And we’re here for it.
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen. Our customers are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration.
Reporting to the VP of Global Demand Generation and with a dotted line to the SVP, Country Manager of Brightcove Japan, the Senior Field Marketing Manager is a role designed to drive Breakout Growth in the Japan region of Brightcove Inc. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, implementing, and analyzing the results of marketing programs designed to drive awareness of Brightcove and its products; and generate a qualified pipeline to support 3x sales quotas across the region.
The role is both strategic and highly tactical, and requires a flexible and adaptive approach. You will analyze market research such as market sizing, competitor analysis, segmentation, new market trends, influencer and thought-leader articles, to inform marketing program strategies for the Japan region. You will work closely with the global marketing teams (Marcom, Product, Campaign) and sales organization to design and execute programs from creation to execution. You will work closely with sales to ensure effective follow-up of marketing programs and tracking of opportunities. You will take ownership of delivery against key business metrics by optimizing campaign tracking, establishing tests, analyzing results, and reporting.
- Create full-funnel regional marketing plan, reviewing and refining these quarterly; that’s aligned to marketing and sales strategies, priority targets, pipeline and bookings goals; and focused on relevant business and market trends.
- Develop and execute a variety of multi-touch campaigns which incorporate inbound, outbound, events and digital, ABM, public relations and organic/paid social program.
- Manage field marketing budget that supports the marketing plan; work within the program budget and manage expenses monthly.
- Drive campaign and content initiative to develop local content for Japan market- focused on new logo acquisition in enterprise software market; as well as upsell, cross sell and retention of existing customers.
- Develop and execute partner marketing programs for Japan region; working closely with global partner marketing leader and regional channel sales leader.
- Monitor campaign results and impact on pipeline goals, proactively recommending and implementing rapid course adjustments when needed.
- Communicate regional marketing program status, action items, results, and deliverables across marketing and sales. Participate in regional Quarterly Business Reviews, and other executive reviews.
- A bachelor's degree and 8+ years of professional work experience is required.
- 5+ years experience working in B2B high-tech, preferably SaaS.
- Proven expertise designing, executing and measuring customer marketing programs to retain and expand existing customer base.
- Experience in partner marketing programs to work with channel sales and global partner marketing leader to execute partner marketing programs in region.
- Experience and understanding of the Enterprise software market in Japan region.
- Experience using Salesforce, Eloqua, Tableau, Google suite are a plus.
- Ability to travel, nationally or internationally roughly 10-15%
- Native fluency in Japanese
- Proficiency in English Language is necessary
Working at Brightcove
Working at Brightcove affords you unparalleled access to scale, distribution and operational maturity while maintaining a small, agile and entrepreneurial culture. We recruit and retain highly qualified and motivated individuals, create an environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success.
This position is located in Tokyo. PMO Tamachi 9th floor, 5-31-17 Shiba, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-0014. The office is located 3 minutes walking distance from JR TAMACHI station and Toei Mita/Asakusa line MITA station.
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Send us your resume if you are interested and want to learn more!
**Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.**
We are a pioneering force in the world of online video and have been since our founding in 2004. We continue to push the limits because we believe in video’s unmatched power to educate, inspire, entertain, and communicate. VIDEO MOVES US We are passionate about online video! Day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways, whether that’s in broadcasting or publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, thousands of them in 70 countries.
Want to learn more about Brightcove? Visit Brightcove's website.
A modern woman's destination for how to live a stylish, well-rounded life