Brightcove’s engineering team is built on small, collaborative, self-running teams, where everyone has an equal voice and decisions are made analytically. We encourage lightweight development processes that balance craftsmanship with execution. We strive to build engaging products with a rich user experience to meet the needs of and delight our customers.
The Platform team is responsible for development and operation of the core video capabilities including ingestion, transcoding, catalog management, and mobile SDKs for playback and our Web Player. The team consists of engineers with diverse skill sets, including engineers specializing in audio and video processing, document management, mobile technologies, as well as back-end engineers experienced in the design of robust, highly-scalable, and efficient cloud-based workflows. The platform team is looking for an experienced engineer to help us as we tackle new challenges and features.
If you are bright, enthusiastic about development, creative, passionate, curious and eager to contribute we want to hear from you!
- Take ownership of a one or more services from design to deployment
- Take into account scaling, cost and performance considerations when designing a service
- Stay abreast of developments and best practices within the tech industry and video
- Work with more junior engineers to provide guidance, code reviews and best practices
- Work with Customer Support and Account Management to respond to customer impacting issues
- Work alongside other teams to develop cross-project solutions and drive best practices across the organization
- 5+ years of Full stack software development experience using REST APIs for integration
- Experience in NodeJS for backend development is a must
- Experience with Python would be a plus
- Experience with highly scalable pub/sub and websocket mechanisms like Firebase and Pusher.com would be a plus
- Experience in a Big Database like Cassandra/MongoDB/Elastic search is a must
- Experience in video streaming involving VoD/Live/SSAI and Adaptive streaming techniques (HLS/DASH) is a plus
- Experience delivering and supporting high scale SaaS services leveraging public cloud services such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience working in a Devops-oriented team where engineers own the deployment stack
- Experience with Behaviour and Test-Driven Development
- Knowledge of containers and container-based deployment, preferably Kubernetes
These are the qualifications and experience we are targeting but we also are excited to have an opportunity to teach you technologies and skills you've never used before. All we ask for is creativity and tenacity in solving the problems that we are tackling together.
- Health and life insurance
- Food card (2,000MXN Monthly)
- Saving Fund 13%
- 10 days of paid vacation with 25% vacation bonus
- 5 Floating Days
- Holiday Bonus ("Aguinaldo") of 30 days of pay per year
- Remote 100%
As the industry leader in this space, we empower our customers to deliver top-notch video experiences to audiences on every screen in bold and innovative ways. When video is done right, it can have a powerful and lasting effect. Hearts open. Minds change. Creativity thrives. Since 2004, Brightcove has been supporting customers that are some of the largest media companies, enterprises, events, and non-profit organizations in the world. There are over 600 Brightcovers globally, each of us representing our unique talents and passions and we have built a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence and collaboration. This culture enables us to develop technologies once thought impossible, provide customer support without parallel or excuses, and leverage the expertise and resources of a global infrastructure. We take our video seriously, and we take great pride in doing it as one team.
Working at Brightcove
As the undisputed global leader in powering premium video for our customers, Brightcove recruits and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creating an environment where people can innovate and achieve their best, and we reward them for their performance by giving them the opportunity to share in the company’s success. We offer competitive benefits and compensation packages.
We offer Remote, Hybrid, and Onsite work arrangements to work in our brand new Guadalajara office located in Puerta de Hierro, part of the metropolitan area of Guadalajara. The office has an open yet focused working space layout and employees enjoy access to stocked kitchens with daily catered lunches and social activities that celebrate a variety of personal interests. We have plenty of opportunities to meet your colleagues around the globe and we also celebrate a variety of personal interests with organized groups and clubs including an Employee Action Committee, Women of Brightcove, Pride of Brightcove, Parents of Brightcove … and more!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you need any accommodations for your interview, please email [email protected].
If you've gotten all the way to the bottom of this description, thank you for your interest in Brightcove! If this role sounds like something that is exciting to you please don't hesitate to apply, even if you don't meet all of our qualifications. We recognize that no candidate is perfect and Brightcove would love to have the chance to get to know you.
**Please submit your resume in English to be considered for this role.**
We are a pioneering force in the world of online video and have been since our founding in 2004. We continue to push the limits because we believe in video’s unmatched power to educate, inspire, entertain, and communicate. VIDEO MOVES US We are passionate about online video! Day in and day out we help our customers focus on using video to move their business in meaningful ways, whether that’s in broadcasting or publishing, marketing, or enterprise communications. We do this through continuous technical innovation, nurturing a broad video-centric ecosystem, and by being a true partner to our customers. Video moves us and it moves our customers, thousands of them in 70 countries.
Want to learn more about Brightcove? Visit Brightcove's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.