Supervising Producer (San Francisco)
Brit + Co, San Francisco
Brit + Co ignites the creative spark in women.
Brit + Co’s video team is looking for a passionate and proactive director, producer, and leader who can drive our original content and branded video content. Are you a creative type who can also be strategic? Do you enjoy development and planning, just as much as you love being on set? Are you a big idea person, but equally skilled at problem-solving?
We’re looking for someone who is ready for an expansive role that utilizes a wide skill-set. You will be responsible for managing the process for all of our videos from pre-production through final delivery, working closely with our in-house team, as well as outsourcing externally to various freelancers. You will be concepting new videos and series, writing scripts, collaborating with internal and external stakeholders including clients and agencies, and providing edit notes. You will touch every aspect of production, from the most creative detail to the most logistical.
- 8-10 years experience as a director/producer
- Experience in-house at an agency or a digital media brand is a plus, preferably with at least 2-3 years management experience
- You love the close-knit feel of a small team, but you’re also tapped into the video community with a broad network of freelancers at the ready
- You’re passionate about talking to millennial women, whether it be through food recipes, beauty how-tos, creative DIYs, or encouraging life advice
- You’re a strong writer, who can draft everything from a client deck to a clever, conversational script for live TV
- You’re an absolute perfectionist with an eye for detail, who is constantly trying to uplevel the quality of video on our site
- You’re a champion of the Brit + Co brand, who is comfortable advocating for the brand on client calls, always professional, and deft when navigating client feedback
- You’re comfortable directing talent on set, but you can also manage the day-to-day operations of a production including scheduling and budgeting
- You can maintain an impeccable production schedule. You communicate clearly and promptly with internal stakeholders about content changes and deadlines
- You work closely with shooters and editors to provide timely and thorough cut notes and seek ways to improve the output/product with every production
- You’re a cross-functional collaborator. You can work with Marketing, Editorial, Commerce, and Production to manage all parts of video development and execution
- You’re budget-conscious and understand the importance of maintaining high-end work while working within budget constraints
About Brit + Co
Brit + Co is a media company that inspires, educates and entertains real women with a creative spirit. The “Brit Girl” uses creativity and a do-it-herself attitude in all aspects of her life: To take charge of her career, forge strong friendships and relationships, curate her own style, decorate her home, and entertain a crowd. Through our content, online classes and products, we enable her to use creativity to shape her future. Founded in late 2011 by Brit Morin, Brit + Co has become one of the largest digital media companies for women. Brit + Co now reaches an engaged community of over 125 million online and across platforms. We have garnered tens of millions of video views and produce hundreds of pieces of content every month to keep up with everything our audience is up to. As a digital-first company, we have an innate understanding of how the online connects to the offline. That’s why, in addition to our website, brit.co, our free app, and our presence across social channels, we extend our reach to experiences. Whether it’s through our annual Re:Make festival, or through products that make it easy for her to create her ideal life, we create a seamless experience which allows us to form a deep connection with our community.
Want to learn more about Brit + Co? Visit Brit + Co's website.
Jobs You May Like
BGB Group, BGB Group
Fullstack Software Engineer
Post Partner Engagement Manager, Latin America
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Editorial Intern (Part-Time)
1stdibs, New York City - Astor Place
Senior Economics Correspondent, TIME
Time Inc., New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; London, UK