Footwear Developer II, Innovation
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
See jobs at Brooks Running
- Ability to oversee and manage multiple innovation projects from Insights, Brief & Research through Design, Development & Validation and into Commercialization & Manufacturing
- Create and execute project development plans/ schedules according to the strategic critical dates that lead to on–time delivery of samples, portfolio reviews, validation, technology transfers and final product/ technology confirmation
- Lead the prototyping, testing and validation of concepts through your advanced problem solving and product creation skills which include: pattern making and construction techniques; blueprints, mold creation and midsole/ outsole creation; Lab, fit, wear and biomechanical testing and specification; and manufacturing processes used in the creation of our product
- Partner with design, Product Line Managers (PLM’s), engineering, manufacturing and vendor/ partners to ensure that products exceed runner expectations, are manufacturable and meet performance and quality objectives of the organization
- Display an in-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process with the ability to manipulate the process to advance and achieve new manufacturing techniques which enhance the overall performance and efficiency of product
- Create product specification and BOMs for each product with the ability to transfer all specifications and best practices into the In-Line process.
- Lead/ Participate in development trips, 3 - 4 per year, to work with manufacturers and suppliers on existing and current development projects
- Recommend and specify to product team the material, component and construction options to meet product’s functional goals, as well as assure product performance integrity through product testing (physical and field testing
- Initiate and lead meetings with product teams during various phases of development to review, evaluate, update and ultimately drive the decision-making process that leads to on–time production confirmation and margin goals
- Create and build a knowledge base and stay informed about vendor capabilities and performance, factory relationships, quality issues, materials pricing and lead times.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Design, Biomechanics or other applicable technical degrees.
- 6+ successful years of experience leading the product development of high performance footwear projects
- Technical expertise in footwear product development with an advanced knowledge of the total footwear construction process including; outsole/midsole drawing, pattern engineering, material construction, testing and costing.
- Strong understanding of manufacturing capabilities, anticipating issues, problem solving with timely resolution.
- Proven ability to lead and influence in a collaborative, cross-functional group without command/ control to meet strategic objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to develop highly productive relationships with individuals and teams that are made up of diverse disciplines and cultural backgrounds resulting in effective working relationships across the company
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an advanced ability to communicate new ideas, concepts and functional expertise within project teams and to external stakeholders. Presentation skills. Professional knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote or other electronic means to communicate new concepts or ideas. Technical writing capability a plus.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks (self and through others), while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
- Curious and open minded; always open for a challenge, inventive, creative. With the ability to challenge the status quo – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details.
- Strong computer skills including experience with Illustrator, MS Office software.
- Proven ability to lead and influence in collaborative, team oriented and complex global environments.
- Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
About Brooks Running
About us Brooks Running makes men's and women's high-performance running shoes, apparel, and accessories that meet the needs of runners of all levels. Entirely focused on the run, Brooks is dedicated to inspiring people to run and be active. Brooks creates innovative equipment that keeps you running longer, farther and faster—and with more enjoyment of the run.
Want to learn more about Brooks Running? Visit Brooks Running's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Data Scientist
Ring, Santa Monica, CA
Data Scientist/Computational Biologist
Indigo, Boston, MA
Bulk Handling Systems
Software Controls Engineer
Bulk Handling Systems, National Recovery Technologies (NRT)
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Manager, Corporate Development (M&A)
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Senior Data Scientist, Analytics