Consumer Insights Analyst
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
See jobs at Brooks Running
- Lead Quantitative Research for Run Sights Lab:
- Design, implement, analyze and report Run-Sight Lab quantitative research that drives marketing, product marketing and shopper marketing program development and decision making. Present, socialize and evangelize data insights consistently throughout the organization. Visualize data in creative and compelling ways that make insights intuitive and actionable.
- Design qualitative follow up research and partner with Run- Sights Lab to add color to the data and enhance the recommendations to the brand and Run-Sight Lab.
- Leverage and utilize quantitative data insights to inform qualitative design or validate qualitative insights.
- Propose quantitative methodologies in instances when qualitative research can’t inform decision making or program development. This may include analyzing our 1st party consumer data to understand what is driving purchase behaviors and variances to our qualitative assumptions.
- Data analysis and reporting partnerships:
- Partner with Data Analyst using first party data sets to actively identify emerging trends, surprising associations, and key understandings that can be used to empower teams across the organization to take action.
- Work with Data Analyst and market intelligence teams to identify key shifts in consumer’s current shopping behaviors and consumer and business trends to enable teams to act quickly to address changes taking place in the market place.
- Partner with market intelligence analyst to build a universal weekly dashboard/ scorecard to monitor product performance that combines our first party consumer data and trade sell-thru data
- Consumer Insights and Global Brand Equity:
- Set up, design, analyze, report and evangelize the Annual Brand Equity and Shopper Behavior Studies for the US and EMEA Regions. Refine and evolve the yearly brand equity study to generate most actionable insights.
- Represent and lead the Brand Marketing team in the Run Sights lab for consumer segment deep dive research
- Analyze runner insights/trends and develop quarterly reports for US and EMEA regions
- Conduct seasonal testing of consumer propositions and messaging
- Respond to ad-hoc requests for consumer insights feedback (e.g. Product naming, Category naming, etc.). Requests may include conducting ad-hoc research projects or getting real time feedback to gain instant insight into acute product performance fluctuations
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics or Market Research or a related field preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience conducting and leading consumer research projects.
- Working knowledge of the footwear product management process, retail environment and consumer buying habits a plus.
- Business orientation preferred with a proven financial ability in handling gross margins, inventory, and costing
- Excellent oral and written communications skills – skilled presenter (using MS Presentation tools)
- Strong analytical skills and experience
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve progress toward goals – skilled communicator
- Results-oriented person with the ability to balance numerous tasks and utilize all available resources with a high sense of urgency and self-motivation
- Ability to conceive/create new thinking and ideas pertaining to the consumer and the product line – skilled “product eye”
- Ability to work professionally and efficiently within the team and across departments
- A real passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle
About Brooks Running
About us Brooks Running makes men's and women's high-performance running shoes, apparel, and accessories that meet the needs of runners of all levels. Entirely focused on the run, Brooks is dedicated to inspiring people to run and be active. Brooks creates innovative equipment that keeps you running longer, farther and faster—and with more enjoyment of the run.