Senior Manager, IT Cloud Services and Infrastructure
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
See jobs at Brooks Running
- People Leadership:
- Directly manage a team of 4-6 Analysts and Engineers and provide direction to all global Information Technology team members who implement and administer infrastructure services.
- Lead, mentor and coach a team of Analysts and Engineers. Promote career development and manage the performance of the team using Brooks HR processes.
- Manage team work assignments and timelines.
- Hire and manage information technology personnel and/or contractors to design, develop, implement, and operate infrastructure services.
- Infrastructure Leadership:
- Define, implement, and operate the on-premise and cloud infrastructure services for Brooks globally. This includes networking, compute, and storage services in addition to modern cloud-based infrastructure solutions that deliver similar or improved services to the organization.
- Build out a mature infrastructure-as-a-service model for the organization. Define services, roles, skills, tools and strategies to enable infrastructure as code (IaC) for the organization.
- Lead the design, implementation, and operation of new infrastructure services for the organization.
- Collaborate with security and application teams to implement implement processes to ensure infrastructure is secure and meets the business needs.
- Understand and address audit findings and vulnerabilities for areas of responsibility in a timely manner.
- Establish industry best practices that are right sized for Brooks to manage risk, meet business needs and deliver services and solutions successfully.
- Update and maintain technology roadmap for the infrastructure program with timelines, impacts and dependencies communicated.
- Define and manage to SLAs for services the infrastructure team delivers.
- Ensure disaster recovery plans are in place and are exercised as defined.
- Apply significant knowledge of industry trends and best practices to improve Brooks infrastructure services.
- Manage vendors to ensure successful partnerships to meet business needs.
- Builds and maintains successful partnerships with IT teams and Brooks’ business partners
- Make recommendations for the purchase of technology resources; review and negotiate contracts and ensure vendor performance.
- Budget Management:
- Build and manage the infrastructure services budget and contribute to the overall IT budget.
- Operate to planned budget to ensure department and company goals are met.
- Education Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering
- Experience Requirements:
- Five (5) years of experience managing an IT infrastructure and cloud services team with hands on experience building a cloud infrastructure program
- Minimum of 10+ years of progressive, relevant information technology experience in the infrastructure technology area.
- Direct experience defining and executing on a strategy to transition on-premise infrastructure services to new ways to deliver services for a global organization.
- Working in a global environment with colleagues from different cultures.
- Talent for analyzing and communicating alternatives, risks and benefits with the goal of reaching decisions or resolving problems.
- Knowledge of networking, compute, storage, IaaS, PaaS solutions, cloud operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication, required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company, required.
- Keen attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another, required.
- Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots,” required.
- Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
- Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary, required.
- Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
About Brooks Running
About us Brooks Running makes men's and women's high-performance running shoes, apparel, and accessories that meet the needs of runners of all levels. Entirely focused on the run, Brooks is dedicated to inspiring people to run and be active. Brooks creates innovative equipment that keeps you running longer, farther and faster—and with more enjoyment of the run.
Want to learn more about Brooks Running? Visit Brooks Running's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos